Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 base tires with about 15 thousand plus miles left on the tred...OEM so it fits your car...just pick them up...they r located in Marlboro, NJ...if u want all 3, they r yours...those that wanted them never came over...so they r up for grabs...first come first grabs...they r in good used condition...no flats. Good for having a spare when needed or ready to run.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Base as in the tires that came on the 2.4 car? Which type are those?
Yes ken...they r from the 2.4. I know u have the R/L but if u need a spare tire to keep in your garage for the JUST IN CASE scenerio...it works well...or u can use them on your R/L...there is really no difference if u r doing street driving...u can have them all if u wish...just have to make room in the garage. Just come on down route 18 South and u r here. Of course, do not bring the SKY unless u want only one...then u can put it in your front seat area. The tires r in real good condition.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
What happened to that 4th tire???:huh:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I have 3 base tires with about 15 thousand plus miles left on the tred...OEM so it fits your car...just pick them up...they r located in Marlboro, NJ...if u want all 3, they r yours...those that wanted them never came over...so they r up for grabs...first come first grabs...they r in good used condition...no flats. Good for having a spare when needed or ready to run.
Free? MM.... I would have never thought you would just let something go.. LOLOL.. jk.... SkyBaby

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Are the RS-A's better in the cold weather than the stock GXP tires? Maybe I'll use them as snowtires :)
In a word... NO.

But they would make a nice old timey swingset for the kids.
That's suprising since the RS2's are meant to be summer only tires
They are rated to be better in the cold weather than the GXP tires. I guess it is personal opinion on whether or not they are.

MY personal opinion (since I've owned both an N/A Sol and a GXP through two winters each) is that the N/A tires will have better cold TEMPERATURE performance than the GXP summer only tires, as the summer only tires get really hard and slip a lot when the temp drops too low.

I wouldn't necessarily rate them any better for snow performance, though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
They are rated to be better in the cold weather than the GXP tires. I guess it is personal opinion on whether or not they are.

MY personal opinion (since I've owned both an N/A Sol and a GXP through two winters each) is that the N/A tires will have better cold TEMPERATURE performance than the GXP summer only tires, as the summer only tires get really hard and slip a lot when the temp drops too low.

I wouldn't necessarily rate them any better for snow performance, though.
This is what i'm thinking. i don't care about snow cuz i don't commute to work. but if they are fine in the cold on dry pavement i will use them in winter

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One tire is gone...2 to go...either call or PM me when u will pick them up...SUCH A DEAL! If i was able to get tires for free, I would be there ASAP. These really have lots of tred on them...remember, I don't race them...all have highway miles.

Darlene wants garage space...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Free? MM.... I would have never thought you would just let something go.. LOLOL.. jk.... SkyBaby
If they're like the Goodyear tires that came with my Sky, who would buy them. They suck. :lol:

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
If they're like the Goodyear tires that came with my Sky, who would buy them. They suck. :lol:
I never had an issue with the tire itself...just the sidewall...did not come in a whitewall...but the price is right...

I just put on Vogue tyres...and guess what...people r saying both positive and negative...U can never satisfy all the people all of the time...if a tire can hold up 3500 lbs...it works.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
LOLOL.... The tires on my second sky were kinda crappy.. but the 1st Sky and the Last Sky had good tires.... for some reason the green one had different tires..L OLOL... I was just kidding anyway MM.... SkyBaby

1 - 20 of 20 Posts