Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... we have a bunch of SKYs here with a good collection of miles gathered on all types of streets, roads and highways (and Speedways) all over the country.

Soooo....

If we add up our collective miles and divide by the number of reported flat tires, it should give us an idea of how many miles we might have to drive before experiencing this day-busting event in our spare-less cars.

I have about 1500 miles now and no flats.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have driven for five YEARS (about 90,000 miles) without a flat...
That is why no spare -- who gets flats anymore??

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm at 575 miles and no flats here

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have 149,000 miles on my delsol (at least according to my odometer) I dont carry a spare and I have yet to have a flat (as I knock on something wood, lol)

The tires are so much better than they used to be, but the unevitable nail always creates a problem

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
The last flat that I had on ANY car where I had to change to the spare to get anywhere was on my Porsche 924 in 1986. That was 20 years ago. Since then, I've probably driven 600,000 miles - maybe more. In the 20 years before the Porsche I think I changed to the spare maybe 4 times. So either I have had a good run over the second 20 years compared to the first, or the tire technology is getting better.

I've also had about four or five situations where I looked down and saw a nastiness sticking out of my tire, but the tire was still holding air, and I drove it to the tire shop for a repair or replacement. But none of those times did I ever have to mount the spare.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ggccg said:
OK... we have a bunch of SKYs here with a good collection of miles gathered on all types of streets, roads and highways (and Speedways) all over the country.

Soooo....

If we add up our collective miles and divide by the number of reported flat tires, it should give us an idea of how many miles we might have to drive before experiencing this day-busting event in our spare-less cars.

I have about 1500 miles now and no flats.
1700 smiles so far:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Last time i had an actual flat where i had to chang a tire was on my 96 chevy blazer, but that was because my son had hit a curb hard and tore a hole in the side of the tire.... I even had a Fiero that got a nail in the sidewall and it didn;t blow out or go down, i made it to a tire place and got a new tire before I had a problem....
9.700 on my sky, 60,000 on my Monte Carlo, no flats on either one...

·
Registered
325 Posts
A couple months ago I was out in the west desert and I got two flats, one tire blew up and the other just had a nail in it. Good thing I brought a compressor I literaly had to get out every 8 miles and pump it back up. Poor 'Burb.
Six months ago I took a rail road crossing too fast at 25 MPH in an old industrial area, and I pinched the side wall on one of the tires on my Camaro.

It does happen, I guess the difference is if you're just driviting to and from the office each of you're out away from the masses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts