Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call today from my sky dealer and was told I was the last one in the state to recieve a sky. (it could be bullshit, however there were alot of other people behind me so, I doubt it). He told me the whole state of minnesota for 2006 will get 40, yes 40 cars. The first 6 go to the dealerships for the showroom and I was number 40. Which means I will be one of 34 driving a sky. This should make great news for other states since we only get 40

joe

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,568 Posts
So there are 6 retailers in MN??? So that is 6 or 7 per retailer... not too bad. If the same math is used for NY... then there will be 167 for their 25 or so retailers. I am thinking though that they might get more... states like Delaware and Rhode Island being so small may not even get as many as yours.

Since they are only making 10,000 SKY's in 06... and there are 50 states... that would equal 200 per state. Since some states are bigger... some states have more retailers then others... some will get fewer then 200, others will get more... population, population, population... oh, and previous car sales are key... :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was told when I ordered by the G.m of the dealership that, They have six stores and each stor is getting 10 for the year. He also said that only 30-40% will be going to cold weather states, and the rest to much warmer climates so they can be on the road.....I'am in IL.........

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
and there are 50 states... that would equal 200 per state.
Just a little flaw in your math. Canada! :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My dealer is getting 9 in the first allocation, and that is all any dealer knows right now, not what they will get for the whole year....

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Florida

I'm in Florida my dealer showed me his alotment, 25 for the year, but he was not sure if the was base on he 12 months of 2006 or the 2006 and 2007 time line?????

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
My dealer is getting 9 in the first allocation, and that is all any dealer knows right now, not what they will get for the whole year....
Most likely THAT is the allotment for the whole year. If you look at 500 dealerships and 10,000 cars that is only 20 cars per dealer - the bulk will go to warmer states.
My dealership (Illinois) gets 10... They might get a few more if the allotments are unsold. But 10 is for the model build year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rick112 said:
Just a little flaw in your math. Canada! :D
Was told that Canada will get 5 per dealership and 66 dealerships if my math is right 330 for Canada. I live in Saskatchewan of two dealers so my one should be one of 10. Would help the value of the car if this is correct, in the long run.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Northern Sky said:
Was told that Canada will get 5 per dealership and 66 dealerships if my math is right 330 for Canada. I live in Saskatchewan of two dealers so my one should be one of 10. Would help the value of the car if this is correct, in the long run.
It'll help the value for the first year or two until production catches up to demand. Then any premium you can as for your car over normal depreciation values will dissapear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts