Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car salesman mentioned that if I ran a jumper from my front blinker to the side running lights that they will then blink counter point to my front blinkers. They will then improve the odds of drivers on either side of the Sky to see the active blinkers.....plus look cool. I dont have my sky yet, does this sound feasable?:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
chris67 said:
My car salesman mentioned that if I ran a jumper from my front blinker to the side running lights that they will then blink counter point to my front blinkers. They will then improve the odds of drivers on either side of the Sky to see the active blinkers.....plus look cool. I dont have my sky yet, does this sound feasable?:cool:
what running lights are you talking about? if you are talking about the front side marker lights, then I think they already do that... I know the ones on my other cars do, I will check my Sky tonight if someone else does not do it before me.
Bonnet??? we don't live in England here.. It's called the Hood in the good old USA.:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oops sorry! Hood...I had a triumph...old habits....

SkyMan 07 said:
what running lights are you talking about? if you are talking about the front side marker lights, then I think they already do that... I know the ones on my other cars do, I will check my Sky tonight if someone else does not do it before me.
Bonnet??? we don't live in England here.. It's called the Hood in the good old USA.:lol: :lol:
The little side lights on the front leading edge of the wheel wells are the ones my salesman was talking about....(by the way guys he is on this forum as well and he is as much of a nut for this car as we are... he has one on order as well...) is very excited and was talking about all kinds of mods and various other adds many not sold by the dealership!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
chris67 said:
My car salesman mentioned that if I ran a jumper from my front blinker to the side running lights that they will then blink counter point to my front blinkers. They will then improve the odds of drivers on either side of the Sky to see the active blinkers.....plus look cool. I dont have my sky yet, does this sound feasable?:cool:
When you say "blink counter point" do you mean while one is on the other is off and they alternate? If so, I don't see how. With a jumper, both bulbs would be on at the same time and off at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
GaryH said:
When you say "blink counter point" do you mean while one is on the other is off and they alternate? If so, I don't see how. With a jumper, both bulbs would be on at the same time and off at the same time.
See the forth post up
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,640 Posts
Not necessarily. If it is running to a relay for that side marker light (that's usually what those are called) and the plug on the relay that you're running power to will turn off the light when it is hot and turn the light on when it's not then yes, this would work.

Would definately be interested in this though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
counterpoint explaned

We figured the lights would blink counter point to the two front blinkers.....but even if they didnt, more blinkers on the side of the car would be cool and just a bit safer.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just talked to my salesman again....

And he tried it on a vue and it works! the running lights must be on and then when the turn signal is actuated will blink counterpoint to the front blinkers giving you a very cool look and for the first time side blinkers!!!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
has anyone checked their Sky?

I keep forgetting to look... but ever since i can remember side marker lights on GM cars, (Since 1968) the front ones always blinked with the front turn signals when the lights were off and opposite the front turn signals when the lights were on....
My first new car in 1971 did that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I keep forgetting to look... but ever since i can remember side marker lights on GM cars, (Since 1968) the front ones always blinked with the front turn signals when the lights were off and opposite the front turn signals when the lights were on....
My first new car in 1971 did that...
I checked... sides do not blink. let me know if any of yours do... that would mean somethings wrong for me!!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
wt2ga said:


It's got to be true, Your Salesman said it.....

Is that kinda like...... IF YOU SEE IT ON TV, IT GOTSTA BE TRUE??? dont u just LOVE salesman.. who KNOW everything??? i know i do...SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
USMC... they dont blink.. but with a jumper they do..

Hey how ya doin! My sky went 3400 a week or so ago just after we got back from CA. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
chris67 said:
Hey how ya doin! My sky went 3400 a week or so ago just after we got back from CA. :cool:

Your almost there!!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
chris67 said:
My car salesman mentioned that if I ran a jumper from my front blinker to the side running lights that they will then blink counter point to my front blinkers. They will then improve the odds of drivers on either side of the Sky to see the active blinkers.....plus look cool. I dont have my sky yet, does this sound feasable?:cool:
:willy:
your side signal lamps would never be on the bonnet old boy, rather they would be mounted onthe wings [aka mudguards] as for the hood, you yanks call it the top. for instance one would call a drop head coupe a convertible or
a coupe with a non folding hood, a fixed head coupe, would'nt one. Then of course there is the matter of lights. lights are windows. ie; side lights and back light, which of course leaves the windscreen which is a light, always refered to as a screen. lights as you call them in your quaint dialect are:confused: actually lamps. head lamps side lamps, tail lamps running lamps, etc. and bythe by where did you ever come up with such absurd names as sedan for saloon, trunk for boot, station wagon for shooting break, glove compartment for cubby locker and hub caps for nave plates.:banghead:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
greenhornet said:
:willy:
your side signal lamps would never be on the bonnet old boy, rather they would be mounted onthe wings [aka mudguards] as for the hood, you yanks call it the top. for instance one would call a drop head coupe a convertible or
a coupe with a non folding hood, a fixed head coupe, would'nt one. Then of course there is the matter of lights. lights are windows. ie; side lights and back light, which of course leaves the windscreen which is a light, always refered to as a screen. lights as you call them in your quaint dialect are:confused: actually lamps. head lamps side lamps, tail lamps running lamps, etc. and bythe by where did you ever come up with such absurd names as sedan for saloon, trunk for boot, station wagon for shooting break, glove compartment for cubby locker and hub caps for nave plates.:banghead:
We had a salesman from England actually say to our office manager, "Can you be so kind as to secure a new rubber for me? I'm afraid I've worn out my last one."

Sum tings ain't just never gonna fly in America where we speaka da langamage da way we're spose to...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top