Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Everyone seems to have the same problem. I thought about attaching some of that EZ Lip Pro, I'm not sure how it would look though. Here's an attachment that might help, someone probably has a better schematic, but this is the gist of it. Page 5 of the PDF. It shows a Solstice, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Our first night out in Money Pit, we went out for ice cream. I scraped the front underside on the dang curb parking the Sky. How about front-facing curb-feelers. Remember those silly things?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I too would love to add something … some sort of protective strip or film to protect roughly 3” of the bottom of the front bumper.

There had to be some sort of product out there…
Seems like it might work. Mine is already so tore up from the PO that I’m more interested in hiding it.

·
Registered
18,777 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too would love to add something … some sort of protective strip or film to protect roughly 3” of the bottom of the front bumper.

There had to be some sort of product out there…
Try using that new rubberized material mask off lower area and either spray or brush it only problem only comes white or black sand most of scraps out then cover up that rubber covering might help for future mistakes

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have been thinking double sided carpet tape and strips of carpet remnants the color of your choice. Cheap and replaceable and if it doesnt work you are not out the big bucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had the lower half of the front facia linexed years ago.
Love it. No regrets. In moments of carelessness—hitting a parking block—whatever—i don't get so much as a scratch.
It looks okay, but I have a black car.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I bought my Ming Blue Sky with a lot of scrapes up front and low. Fortunately the scars blend fairly well with the color of the car. I assume a previous owner loved to creep forward until they contacted what I assume was a concrete "stop" at their place of employment. I replaced the cracked air funnel located behind the bumper skin to make everything perfect again, minus the scars in the bumper skin. It doesn't bother me at all so I let it be. Maybe one day someone will back into my front bumper providing the opportunity to address this too.

You have to "look" at the scars, otherwise would be unnoticed by most people.
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
11,672 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

I vinyl wrapped mine and this is a picture four years after it was done (my son changing the oil). It gets some damage but the vinyl is easy to remove and reapply. Also, you can find it in a color to closely match your car (or in clear) to make it look nearly invisible. Won't stop heavy contact but everyday scrapes and scuffs it works great.

The lower edge is the part of the bumper that directly contacts the duct work and unless you get on the ground, you can't see that rough edge. Also, keep in mind this bumper has eaten a LOT of cones at this point in it's life...

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
166 Posts
My Sky had about a 2" gash in the passenger side of the chin and many small scratches primarily in the center when I first purchased it in 2017. I filled the gash with epoxy, sanded out the epoxy and small scratches and painted the chin using some higher end spray cans. The area is difficult to see at best and I figured I couldn't make things worse ....

Automotive parking light Vehicle cover Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Rectangle Grey Wood Floor Tints and shades

Fast forward to 2021, New England roads, parking lots, etc ... had scratched the chin again, not quite as bad as the original but still annoying. I am careful but have pretty much accepted that if I want to actually drive the car, about every two to four years the chin will need to be sanded out and repainted. I got primer, paint and clear coat from automotive touchup for about $80.00. I've repaired the chin twice now and still have enough materials for at least one more repair. No one has ever noticed it and unless you get down on your hands and knees and look closely, you'd never know.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Aviation Vehicle door

Gas Tints and shades Hood Aviation Shade

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts