Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home tonight on I-95 a bicycle wheel hit the car in front of me and bounced off, it hit my front end at about 70 mph. I'm sad to say i suffered about a dozen paint chips near the driver's side fog light, i'm gonna have to have the front end re-painted. I'm am happy however that the front end did not crack, i know it's plastic and it seemed to take the impact well. What a bummer 1855 miles and already need to have the front redone. For all you folks who haul bikes on the back of your cars please take a moment to make sure your nuts and bolts are tight! It could have been worse, i'm glad it was just paint damage.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glad you're ok!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sorry to hear about that:brentil: . Did you beat the crap out of them?:D That's the problem with bicycles, they always cause traffic problems!!! Should declare open season on them:lol: :lol:

I am glad you are okay, and I hope you get repaired soon:thumbs: Give me a call sometime.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about that:brentil: . Did you beat the crap out of them?:D That's the problem with bicycles, they always cause traffic problems!!! Should declare open season on them:lol: :lol:

I am glad you are okay, and I hope you get repaired soon:thumbs: Give me a call sometime.
Send me yer # again bud, i had to get a new card in my phone, lost everything !

·
Registered
991 Posts
Glad to hear your OK too. Hey I wonder if that tire would fit in the trunk for a spare:lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Glad it is only scratches...:mad: other people's insurance cover it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It makes me nervous every time I get behind someone with bikes strapped on the back of their vehicle....or luggage carriers on top....or stacks of junk....or their living room/kitchen appliances..... Hard to believe how irresponsible people can be sometimes.

Glad you weren't hurt....

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad it is only scratches...:mad: other people's insurance cover it?
Nah, no idea where it came from really. Coulda fell off a junk truck for all i know. Trust me, i tried to find a car with a bike on it tho :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nah, no idea where it came from really. Coulda fell off a junk truck for all i know. Trust me, i tried to find a car with a bike on it tho :lol:
You didn't see anyone pedaling away really fast on a strange-looking unicycle, did you? :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Driving home tonight on I-95 a bicycle wheel hit the car in front of me and bounced off, it hit my front end at about 70 mph. I'm sad to say i suffered about a dozen paint chips near the driver's side fog light, i'm gonna have to have the front end re-painted. I'm am happy however that the front end did not crack, i know it's plastic and it seemed to take the impact well. What a bummer 1855 miles and already need to have the front redone. For all you folks who haul bikes on the back of your cars please take a moment to make sure your nuts and bolts are tight! It could have been worse, i'm glad it was just paint damage.

HEY. It's damaged. Wanna sell it?!?!?!?!?!? :lol: :jester: :lol:

·
Registered
323 Posts

AHEM....:mad:

Remember, some of us Sky drivers are also serious cycling enthusiasts who put more miles on their legs than their cars.

I assume you jest....:rolleyes:

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HEY. It's damaged. Wanna sell it?!?!?!?!?!? :lol: :jester: :lol:
It'd take a lot more than a mad highway unicyclist, rain and a few paint chips to pry the steering wheel from my kung-fu grip. :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good Answer!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Hey folks I lost a WHEEL TO MY TEN SPEED BIKE. If found please forward to me....Skip......:lol: :lol: :lol: Dang thing came off my bike that I had on the back end of my Sky with luggage rack....:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Skip aint bought a new bike in a few years.........

Hey folks I lost a WHEEL TO MY TEN SPEED BIKE. If found please forward to me....Skip......:lol: :lol: :lol: Dang thing came off my bike that I had on the back end of my Sky with luggage rack....:cool: :cool:
10 Speed ???? what is the world is a 10 Speed ?????? How old are you Skip............
:jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
10 Speed ???? what is the world is a 10 Speed ?????? How old are you Skip............
:jester:
It was an old bike that had smooth tires and not the knobby kind...Skip...And I am 56 years young.

·
Registered
607 Posts
:eek: Only 1,855 & it has to be painted?

Good luck with the match - I just got both bumpers done on my car - and you can definitely tell a difference in the paint which is Toyota "super white". Body shop had big poster about plastic bumpers being painted - don't always match rest of car - blah blah blah - your paint has "yellowed". :skep:

·
Super Moderator
6,465 Posts
Roadie Rob : AHEM....

Remember, some of us Sky drivers are also serious cycling enthusiasts who put more miles on their legs than their cars.

I assume you jest....
I hope you are more considerate than a group of cyclists around here. Last week I was headed home from work on my favorite twisty detour around the highway road. Popped over a hill and found a caravan of cars behind about 20 bikes. Rows of 3 taking the whole lane. No passing zones. 55 MPH speed limit. 15 MPH bicycles. 5 miles. We have lots of signs around here with "Share the Road" and the picture of a bicycle. Apparently bike riders don't think it applies to them, too.

This was not a race, it was not any kind of organized tour, and it was at 5:30 on a weekday. I was talking about it at work the next day, and found out that it is a local bike "club" (gang ?) that does this, intentionally, to make their point about their right to be on the road, too.

Sometimes open season seems like a good idea. (OK, I'm half kidding.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts