Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if someone could take a look and see if you have some type of bolt (probably a plastic speedy type bolt) connecting the front of the inner fenders to a cross frame. You have to open the hood and look in from the front of the car just above the headlights and down to see them I'm going to try and attach some pics of the areas I'm looking at.

Thanks it looks as though there should be some bolts there but mine either fell out, were never meant to be there, or were never installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I just took a look at mine and it looks exactly like your picture.
That hole in the circular indentation is there on both sides with no connector.

·
Registered
820 Posts
OK guys, I figured it out....

See the black wires hangin down? Look at the area on the black wires where th tape is. Ok now look at the white "screw-like" bolt sticking out. That is, or was, supposed to be pushed into the hole. Either the hole was not big enough and it could not be pressed in, or it was just never pressed in. I have seen those type of connector/tie-downs before. They are alos in my prius. You have to push pretty hardto get them into the holes, but once they are in, there is no gettng them out. Try and I bet you'll see what I mean.....

·
Registered
820 Posts
Or this could be where one of the tie-downs was needed on the solstice......hmmmmm.......

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Or

Or maybe the wiring harness was changed after the sheet metal design could not be changed - or the wiring on the RedLine is a bit different - or that hole is only there so the robot putting the parts together can either hold onto the part or use the hole for proper positioning of the part during welding etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nemesis,

The wire harness is pushed in and connected to the top of the same frame rail support. The empty hole in the (pics) metal frame lines up with the same size hole in the inner fender. When you drive the car this means dirt and water will get into and under the hood area through the open holes. I was hoping someone had something installed there but I think I'll install a couple of stainless 1/4 -20's with stainless fender washers to plug the holes and secure the inner fenders in the front frame rail.

Thanks for looking I'll check back to see if anyone with a later car has anything to add. Maybe they ran out of plastic hookamabobs the week mine was built.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts