Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my SKY on April 24th (imaged 28 Feb). In NJ a front license plate is required but my salesman said that it would not be required on the SKY due to its limited production. They did not install the front license plate holder and it is currently in my trunk. Any other NJ folks hear of this?

·
Registered
18,159 Posts
Never heard of this...u r so lucky...I ordered mine on Jan 26th and imaged the following week...still haven't got mine....ordered from Saturn of Freehold...by the way, what color and how about some pics...

MarlboroMike...

Can u make inquiries at your dealership on this to be sure...I will certainly do the same at mine, although I told them...DO NOT PUT LICENSE PLATE ON FRONT

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am in IL, a state which does require a front license plate. A close friend of mine is a police officer and I asked him about driving a car without a front plate. I told him that you never see a front plate on a Corvette and a few other cars, so I asked him realistically what are the chances of getting ticketed in IL for running without a front plate. He said that in most cases, a car would not be pulled over for it. He said it is primarily used as a 'gimme' to pull someone over that they suspect might be drunk, have a warrant, driving recklessly, driving a stolen car, or a host of other reasons that would give them probable cause to pull somebody over. But if you are not driving recklessly, are not speeding, and/or haven't broken any other traffic violations...then he seriously doubts that it would ever happen. He did say keeping the front plate in the car with you at all times is a good idea, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts