Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved a call from one of my customers telling me she recieved a ticket for no front plate:bs::bs::bs: I was wondering if anyone had put on a plate without using the bracket? She will be stopping by tomorrow and I am going to see if there is any way to make it fit without drilling holes in the front. Please let me know if you can help and pics are appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Kyle said:
I just recieved a call from one of my customers telling me she recieved a ticket for no front plate:bs::bs::bs: I was wondering if anyone had put on a plate without using the bracket? She will be stopping by tomorrow and I am going to see if there is any way to make it fit without drilling holes in the front. Please let me know if you can help and pics are appreciated.
The Saturn front plate braket, screws in UNDER the top of the grill opening. While there would have to be holes they are not visible. The braket has a "key" cut into it to guide it into place then you can screw it in. Of course it can be set up to be easily screwed out as well and no visible holes!:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
JMO...but I would say that if you must put the front plate on, to go ahead and use the bracket that the dealer supplied, as the mounting holes for it would be located underneath the front bumper...therefore nobody would see the drilled holes unless they got down on their hands and knees to find them. Personally, I don't have a front plate mounted and I live in a state where it's required (Illinois)...luckily, I have not had a problem...yet. However, at the Sky show in Downers Grove this past weekend I saw 2 Skys that did have front plates mounted and it didn't look as bad as I thought it would...and like I said, no holes in the front of the bumper, just underneath it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Also, I wouldn't raise that BS flag too quick. I don't know where you're at but out here in CA they CAN pull you over for that and write you a ticket. It's happappened to me.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
I got pulled over ONE time with my BMW M3... but, the trooper just asked why i didnt have it on.. and i said... THERE IS NO WHERE TO PUT IT... he said.... PLEASE STEP OUT OF THE CAR , I WILL SHOW YOU.... so, we went up front.. and..... i said.... LOOK, NO PLACE TO PUT IT... he said.... DRILL HOLES AND MOUNT IT... omg..... i just said..... I am sorry, but i CANT DO THAT.... he didnt write me a ticket, just said..... IF YOU GET STOPPED BY A "LOCAL" dont be surprised if they ticket ya.... and.... DRIVE SAFE MA'AM.... i laughed and laughed..... as i left of course.... but NEVER mounted one... and WONT put one on my SKY...SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
if you dont want to drill holes saturn used some 3m double sided tape. tape underneath and the two spots on the front of the bumper.:cheers:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Or

Homer said:
if you dont want to drill holes saturn used some 3m double sided tape. tape underneath and the two spots on the front of the bumper.:cheers:
You can also attach it with Tie wraps, like they use to bundle together wires.

Or set it up with Velcro

Or, for the old time "Mr. Fix-it" :lol: there is always Duct tape :thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Seagull said:
You can also attach it with Tie wraps, like they use to bundle together wires.

Or set it up with Velcro

Or, for the old time "Mr. Fix-it" :lol: there is always Duct tape :thumbs:
and.... with the ol fix it way.... there are LOTS OF COLORS OF DUCT TAPE.... I do beleive PINK IS A CHOICE.....SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I had my front plate mounted and the president of the dealerships made sure that it was attached the way it was intended so NO HOLES in the front of the car. With a personalized plate, I decided to go ahead and I like the way it looks. Just me I guess.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, she wants it to be removable so I might use zip ties or the bracket and velcro, not sure. I have never been pulled over for it on my car and I don't have a car like a sky or vette, I don't even have a 2 door. I can't believe he pulled her over for no other reason besides that, That is why he gets the:bs: if she was speeding or doing burnouts that's another story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
I had my front plate mounted and the president of the dealerships made sure that it was attached the way it was intended so NO HOLES in the front of the car. With a personalized plate, I decided to go ahead and I like the way it looks. Just me I guess.:D
If it is the SKY license braket mounted correctly then it has two sided tape and two pop rivits (meaning two holes.) The holes are under the bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Where?

Kyle said:
I just recieved a call from one of my customers telling me she recieved a ticket for no front plate:bs::bs::bs: I was wondering if anyone had put on a plate without using the bracket? She will be stopping by tomorrow and I am going to see if there is any way to make it fit without drilling holes in the front. Please let me know if you can help and pics are appreciated.
What state was this in? Just curious if in California.
Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
The Saturn front plate braket, screws in UNDER the top of the grill opening. While there would have to be holes they are not visible. The braket has a "key" cut into it to guide it into place then you can screw it in. Of course it can be set up to be easily screwed out as well and no visible holes!:jester:
:D I like your style!!
T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Yep!!

Robotech said:
Also, I wouldn't raise that BS flag too quick. I don't know where you're at but out here in CA they CAN pull you over for that and write you a ticket. It's happappened to me.
:mad: Yeah, about a month ago, my son got pulled over for license plate and what a mess that turned out to be for him.
T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts


MMk I'm a total moron, not sure why the image isn't showing up....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Hey Kyle.....Where are you located.........???

YOU seem mighty familiar to me.........:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Pictures???

Its illegal in utah as well tho' I have never been pulled over for it, would someone be kind enough to show how it mounts (bolt or screw locations while installed on car) and also what it looks like with and without it on the same car? (if possible)

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chris you know who this is:cheers: who else would jump through hoops for a customer like me?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top