Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the forum out of frustration. I have watched the forum for some time but never had anything to add until now. Some people on this site are frustrated over not getting their car allocated yet when they placed their orders in June. I placed my order for my redline Saturn on 4/19/2006. That's right, 3 days after Saturn anounced they are building the redline at the New York Auto Show.

The dealer was nice enough taking my order, although nobody at the dealership even knew that Saturn anounced a redline sky (my salesperson thought I was ordering a redline Ion at first). I ordered my redline at one of the two highest volume Saturn dealers in Illinois figuring they are going to be the first ones to get the car..... yeah right. The only call I got from the dealer in all the time since has been when pricing was anounced in late June.

I am #1 (says so on my order form) at one of the highest volume Saturn dealers in all of Illinois and the dealer to this day still has no idea when my car is going to be built. I call once every 2 weeks to try to get updated with no answers at all. They say Saturn hasn't given them any allocations yet. How can this be?!!!!!

I read the forum several times and tried to talk to the dealer to give more information. I ask if the car is in GM workshop or what is my order number but they look at me like I have 3 heads!!!!!! I called Saturn's 800 number to see if they could help me.....they called my dealer and were given the same answer the dealer gave me! Thanks Saturn.

I'm venting but I also don't know what to do. I'm #1 at the dealer (as far as I know...I call once in a while anonymously to see if they have recieved any redlines...they say no). Is there any other channels I can go through to find out about my car? Also, there has been a $1000 price increase on the car since I ordered this car. They better not try to stick me with the increase since I ordered it long before this increase. Any suggestions?

Sorry about the rant. Thanks, bluesky9

P.s. This dealer's sister store in Downer's Grove already recieved a redline sky (posted in your forum and if I'm not mistaken they ordered it over a month after I orded mine.)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I'm in South Carolina and to this date we have not received ANY RedLines allocated to us. :banghead:

I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow. We will get to order two (2) SKYs tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least one of them to be a RedLine... :rolleyes:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Same here

I'm on 4 different list or at least I think I am. Some with down pymts and no Prelim order numbers. One GM was fired and new one can't tell me if I'm in GM work bench or not....go figure... I too get the same story here in the south. Welcome to the crowd:banghead:

·
Registered
15 Posts
After a complete lack of response from my dealer I asked for my deposit back (not yet received) and ordered from another dealer. Waiting to see what happens.

07 Saturn Sky Red Line on order
06 Dodge Charger R/T modified to 400HP (so far)
98 Chrysler LXi (300,000 miles)
99 Chevy Lumina (130,000 miles)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Allocation

Factory allocations are based on the size of the dealer and the number of cars they sell. Since your dealer has no control over whether they receive a Sky or not, that could explain why it is taking so long. So, If you live in a realitively small town you might want to connect with some one who can place an order for you in a larger city.

If you feel any better I put money down on a RL in June of 2005, aniticpating that the Sky would be built with that option. As luck would have it my dealer is the largest in the twin city area and therefore my car was recently produced and will hopefully soon be on it's way.

Good luck to you.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I am sorry but until your dealer get's a ZMG67 image alloted, they cannot place your order. Try some other dealer's in your area, get on several lists.
Hmmm.... this is where the confusion steps in.

The dealer CAN put the order in, can give him an order number. Is it an order being built in the factory, or accptd by GM? No. But it is a prelim order.

I dont know the inner workings (or the outer :D ) of Saturn, but I felt much better knowing my car was in the system. Maybe number of Prelim orders in system factor into Allocations? If Saturn has a dealer in NY with 12 prelim RL orders, and none at the Illinoi dealer (cause they are on paper only), whose gonna get the allocations?

I wnet through this a bit with my dealer... took a few weeks to get the order in...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was a little skeptical too about the long wait. I put a deposit down for a Bluestone Redline early August (#13 on the redline list) and no image yet.

Today, my sales rep. called me and said that a Bluestone base Sky just came in. She thought that I may want to check out the color in person. I joked about buying the base model and driving that until the turbo model came. She told me that this car was already sold, however there were a couple base models coming in within a week that were simply 'inventory' vehicles and were not ordered by a customer.

I slapped a deposit down on a base model (still keeping my redline order). So, on Wednesday, I'll be the owner of a Sunburst Yellow Sky!!! I have no idea what kind of options it has, but I know it's a manual. (which is what I would have chosen):thumbs:

So, until my Bluestone Turbo arrives, I can enjoy a taste of this driving machine!

·
Registered
653 Posts
bluesky9, don't be too upset by all of it. My wife and I are #2 on the list at the largest volume dealer in Cincinnati, but their #1 order hasn't even been allocated yet. To our knowledge, not a single dealer in the Cincinnati area has been given a Redline allocation. We put our deposit down on May 25 (incidentally, the guy in the #1 spot ahead of us put his deposit down that morning, beating us by a few hours, lol). I just got off the phone with the Assistant Sales Manager and he said that they didn't get a Redline allocation this week either, so we're still irritatingly waiting as well.

So you're not alone! As other's suggested, you might try looking into other area dealers, but at this point, they'll likely have 8-10 people on the waiting list ahead of you. Don't give up hope! :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dealer allocation

..."Everything goes great with CARAMEL"

....Conversely..I know.OF..2 SATURN dealers ...in this general area..(25 MILE RADIUS) ....that have sold & DELIVERED.... 6 REDLINES......while another DEALER...just north of me...in NYACK...has yet to recieve any RL-ALLOCATION....

:deadhorse

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well, that should have a lot to do with dealer sales and volume though.

Incidentally though, in a thread where someone is complaining about not getting their allocation, talking about dealers who have had as many as 6 deliveries so far is kinda like rubbing salt in a wound. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put my deposit in in June, went to see the dealer today (North Carolina) they told me the Redline would ramp production in January. You would think the dealers would get in the loop!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Factory allocations are based on the size of the dealer and the number of cars they sell. Since your dealer has no control over whether they receive a Sky or not, that could explain why it is taking so long. So, If you live in a realitively small town you might want to connect with some one who can place an order for you in a larger city.

If you feel any better I put money down on a RL in June of 2005, aniticpating that the Sky would be built with that option. As luck would have it my dealer is the largest in the twin city area and therefore my car was recently produced and will hopefully soon be on it's way.

Good luck to you.

The formula is actually 50% Sales Volume and 50% Roadster Market. Thats why states like Florida, TX, and AZ ect. get so many they have 2 thing going in their favor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. It just seems most members who place an order for a Redline think its like taking a number at the Supermarket. As many postings on this site detail, the dealer you go to has alot to do with it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I totally understand you
I order my car last summer with all black leather but changed my mine to red and black 2 weeks laters...My saleman told me that he did the change.

Now he sends me email telling me that they will build my car in 2 weeks with all black leather! Im really worried!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts