Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at my dealer to get an update on my status. I haven't had any contact with my dealer in over 2 weeks, so it's not as if I call everyday pestering them. I figured an update every 2 weeks is enough to keep me content. However, after today's visit...I'm feeling rather disappointed and frustrated. :banghead: I was greeted by my salesman with a smile and an enthusiastic wave. He proceeded to tell me that there had been "no change" since the last time I received any information. :eek: WTF??? So basically he's telling me that I've been sitting at 025 for 17 days?!?! How is this possible? :confused: So then we proceed over to the GM's office and he in turn, tells me that Saturn isn't providing them with any information about orders until the car is actually built...and I'm thinking to myself :bs:!!! I don't understand why my GM is so reluctant to share information about my order with me. :mad: It's not as if I was looking for some BIG news or anything...as I know it's still quite early in the process to be hearing anything significant...but it would have been nice to just find out IF I have even gone to code 030...but they wouldn't even tell me that! I asked if they have any idea when my car will be built...the GM said he thinks it will be built in May...so therefore, he says I should get a VIN number by the end of May. He did say that he would call me when the VIN number is available...but otherwise, he said don't expect to hear from them until then. I'm cool with them calling me when the VIN comes in, but geez...I'm not even sure if my order has been received by the assembly plant. :willy: I fail to understand why some dealerships are so forthcoming with information...calling customers whenever their status changes....yet, mine has pretty much taken a "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude. :rolleyes:

Ok...I guess I'm done venting...for now. :smash: :rant:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
In their defense... The last image we ordered sat at 025 for almost a whole 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised that yours has sat at 025 for 17 days. :eek:

Our 1st two images have gone straight from 030 to 038 and nothing in between, :brentil: also it has gone from 038 straight to 042 with nothing in between. :brentil: Keep in mind that we get a "consolidated" list EVERYDAY unlike some dealers that only get it on Tuesdays. :thumbs:

Just my 2 cents on this... :D

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SKY Spy said:
In their defense... The last image we ordered sat at 025 for almost a whole 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised that yours has sat at 025 for 17 days. :eek:

Our 1st two images have gone straight from 030 to 038 and nothing in between, :brentil: also it has gone from 038 straight to 042 with nothing in between. :brentil: Keep in mind that we get a "consolidated" list EVERYDAY unlike some dealers that only get it on Tuesdays. :thumbs:

Just my 2 cents on this... :D

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Thank you for your insight. I guess it's just maddening to see other orders moving from 025 to 030 in a matter of a few days, and here I'm still sitting where I was 17 days ago. :banghead: I'm just a little frustrated that the GM of my dealership was so unwilling to punch in my order # and look up my status. He did it for us 17 days ago, and now all of a sudden he won't do it? :confused:

·
Registered
262 Posts
my dealer told me today that they are upgrading the order system. They will be unble to get any updates for about 1 week.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GM told me there would be a few weeks of craziness as they transitioned to the GM method (a whole new list of numbers to remember). Mine has not moved from 030....

Whatever your age is -- is how long you have waited to own this car -- can't wait a month or two?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I wnet from 030 to delivered in three days

I called my dealer on a Monday and they said nothing has changed you will know when we know. I call on thursday and they say they can't believe it, it has just arrived at the dealership. So don't worry it will come when you least expect it

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am learning a great deal about good customer service by hanging out on this forum. All anyone seems to want is just reassurance, "No, your order didn't fall in a black hole, yes you are in line, yes the line is moving". We need to have contact for no other reason except that. Even when there is no news it means a lot when a customer gets spontaneous calls from the dealer -- just two minutes to chat. It is reassuring. I am going to do better about calling and chatting with my clients just because as a result of what I am experiencing on the other side. I am making a list and I will make an effort to call each of them on a schedule just to check in. I suggest when your sales person calls and does ease our impatient mind, we reward them with warm thank you to reenforce good behavior. Hmm. Wonder if that kind of approach will keep the dog from digging up my bulbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts