Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am considering selling my pristine Hydro Blue Sky. It has only 2,600 original miles, and is in showroom condition. The car is absolutely stunning, drives perfect, everything works, etc. One of the best looking and fun-to-drive cars I've owned. It is always parked indoors under a custom-fit cover (included in the sale). I purchased it earlier this year, and am only selling in an effort to turn 2 barely-used sports cars into one ;) PM me if interested. If you're looking for one of these - this is it. You will not be disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
1) automatic or stick shift (2) to further interest, city state where located. And to really get people interested, post the VIN, then they know how it is equipped from the factory. (No, I don't know of anyone whom can steal your car with the VIN number. I've published my VIN willingly and still have my SKY, LOL) :dthumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1) automatic or stick shift (2) to further interest, city state where located. And to really get people interested, post the VIN, then they know how it is equipped from the factory. (No, I don't know of anyone whom can steal your car with the VIN number. I've published my VIN willingly and still have my SKY, LOL) :dthumbs:
Oh, right - I may have missed a few bullet-points. Sorry!

* The car is a 5-speed (As the subject Title states). For those who don't know - it means its a stick shift. The car shifts like butter.

* The car is located in CT (area code 06489). Totally forgot to mention that.

* VIN # is 1G8MD35B39Y107957

Let me know if I forgot anything else and I'll be glad to provide it.

All the best---

·
Super Moderator
11,367 Posts
Oh, right - I may have missed a few bullet-points. Sorry!

* The car is a 5-speed (As the subject Title states). For those who don't know - it means its a stick shift. The car shifts like butter.

All the best---
While you stated it's a stick shift, for other ads you may want to know that both the Manual and Automatic transmissions in our are 5-speeds so just stating 5-speed may not communicate the fact that it's a manual.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Beautiful car!! According to Carfax, the first owner purchased and maintained this car in PA. The second (and current) owner was reported June 20, 2018 in Connecticut. According to Carfax, the ignition switch recall was done but the airbag PPS recall has not been done yet.

_

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Beautiful car!! According to Carfax, the first owner purchased and maintained this car in PA. The second (and current) owner was reported June 20, 2018 in Connecticut. According to Carfax, the ignition switch recall was done but the airbag PPS recall has not been done yet.
SSDude, thanks for the VIN report. No concerns there as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing that has always puzzled me is the recalls. Not referring to you, but often times I get the feeling that some folks seem to think you have to have gotten all the recalls taken care of before you should/can sell a Kappa. Now why would that issue be of concern prior OR post sale??........ the recall is no charge and is a factory expense. Other than some buyers not wanting the inconvenience, what difference does it make? IMHO. (absent unresolved recalls preventing sales between Canada and the US in 2017)

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
SSDude, thanks for the VIN report. No concerns there as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing that has always puzzled me is the recalls. Not referring to you, but often times I get the feeling that some folks seem to think you have to have gotten all the recalls taken care of before you should/can sell a Kappa. Now why would that issue be of concern prior OR post sale??........ the recall is no charge and is a factory expense. Other than some buyers not wanting the inconvenience, what difference does it make? IMHO. (absent unresolved recalls preventing sales between Canada and the US in 2017)
I believe some states have passed laws now that require dealers to get all the recalls done before they can sell a used car.

Reminds me we never did the seat pad recall on our Sky this summer. Oops

So whats the going price for this car?
$30k

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I believe some states have passed laws now that require dealers to get all the recalls done before they can sell a used car.

$30k
Dave, I'd agree the dealer would absolutely do all recalls anyway as the factory is paying (probably a good high rate for any recall billing). Of course if there is no factory solution offered yet, that would put a dealer in a pickle (aka, a bad place, LOL).

Tried in June to get the dealer to assure they had the parts to do our SKY PPS recall, but they never called back. So that is also outstanding for us too.

You may be stretching just a bit on the 30K, ..... only since it is a NA. If the seller is looking for an estimate of what forum members would pay, IMO that won't be a realistic figure of that car's value. It might be possible to find a member with 'a burning desire' for just that car, if it were a Redline. But members here have one, two, or more Kappas now. That will tend to make the value discussion at a lower figure. When 'monro' decides to sell his/her Kappa, I'd focus elsewhere to market that car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

$30k
No - Not $30k. I didn't buy this car as an investment, and as such, I'm not looking to make a dime.

Years ago I would frequently search online for a Hydro Blue SE sky. They are absolutely gorgeous (especially in this color, IMO) but their rarity had proven them to be elusive. As the years went by, my hope and enthusiasm for actually finding one had faded pretty significantly, but I would occasionally still poke around and see what's out there. In the meantime, my heart had been pulled in a different direction car-wise when this Sky happened to show up for sale a few towns away (what are the odds?!). Having seen it with my own eyes and knowing that an opportunity like this would literally never come again, I decided to buy it. It is absolutely stunning, but I know I will never put more than 100 miles/year on it, and I've decided to give up the Sky and the Twin Turbo 300zx for just one 'super' car. Giving your wife her garage space back? Priceless.

I'm asking $22.5k, which I think is very reasonable for an as-new Hydro Blue SE. It is an absolute sweetheart and I'm sure it will make someone extremely happy. I agree that advertising this car to a group of enthusiasts who probably already own a Sky may be futile, but I also think that they are the ones who would appreciate it the most.. ..so why not!

Cheers :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
11,367 Posts
I think for the mileage if someone believes the Hydro blue to be collectible, this would be a nice example and could pull this amount if in pristine condition. Looks like it is.

As for the recall info, it varies it seems here in CA. I had one dealer who wouldn't sell me a car because the ignition recall wasn't done and parts were two months out. Then I found my blue car and the dealer had no issue selling it without the recall being done so long as I was aware of it...which I was since I told them about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
AS I have researched the saleability of open recall vehicles I have found no laws anywhere that prohibit their sale, but I have seen laws that do require notification. There have also been quite a few reports of dealers that won't sell them on principle, including some that still take them in for trade, even knowing that parts are not presently available to satisfy the recall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Twin turbo 300zx just sold, so I will probably be a little more aggressive in selling the Sky (i.e. advertising it somewhere other than this forum). Let me know if any of you have an interest - I'll be entertaining serious offers. No disappointments! :thumbs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice low mileage car. Hope you are able to sell it quickly. What car are you hoping to buy?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice low mileage car. Hope you are able to sell it quickly. What car are you hoping to buy?
Thank you :thumbs:

I've got my sights set on a Viper. I've been staring at the little 1/24 scale models on my desk here at work for long enough. It's time for the real thing.

Entertaining any sensible offer on the Sky - she's gotta go! No disappointments with this Hydro.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
AS I have researched the saleability of open recall vehicles I have found no laws anywhere that prohibit their sale, but I have seen laws that do require notification. There have also been quite a few reports of dealers that won't sell them on principle, including some that still take them in for trade, even knowing that parts are not presently available to satisfy the recall.
Same up here in Canada. Outstanding recalls didn't affect saleability but for some idiotic reason did prevent export of the cars across the border. Preventing the shipping of a car from Canada to the US when all of the cars in question in both countries were in the same boat, with unfulfilled recall requirements made no sense.

Agree that full disclosure by dealer to buyer would be advisable and possibly also legally required.

BTW, that colour is one of my favourite Kappa colours!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts