Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ... everybody check out your fuel door ... I've seen two Skys up close and personal ... mine and 1 at the dealership and both have the same minor flaw ... its "almost a paint drip" on the bottom edge of the fuel door ,,, anyone else have this "almost flaw"?

Its like the fuel door was painted in the vertical position ... and as gravity pulled the paint down it dried ... and there is a hint of a drip hanging from what is the bottom edge.


OBTW, did I mention these cars are beautiful?:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
No drip on ours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Actually one of the first things I checked as I had that on another car that had a round fuel door. Nope -- mine is OK
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
Mine is OK, but as of today I can't get it to close right. It's probably from my recent habit of pumping my own gas to balance out the cost of 93 octane. I think it's broken, and I definitely should've known better. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
reedred said:
Mine is OK, but as of today I can't get it to close right. It's probably from my recent habit of pumping my own gas to balance out the cost of 93 octane. I think it's broken, and I definitely should've known better. :(
I had this problem too, but then I noticed that the black plastic tether on the cap has to be moved around a bit to prevent it from pushing back on the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
No drips here looks good !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
I have a few drips on other parts of the car. How many of you still have the little rubber nub that the fuel door rests against when closed??

mine fell off during the first week!!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
I am droopyless.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
skl8260 said:
I had this problem too, but then I noticed that the black plastic tether on the cap has to be moved around a bit to prevent it from pushing back on the door.
I tried playing around with the tether, but my gascap also doesn't want to stay closed. I push it in and turn it, then it just pops back out. If I turn it around and around and around, eventually it'll stay closed.

In earlier threads, when I mentioned that I have horrible luck with all cars, this is the kind of stuff I meant. Stuff that seems absurd and doesn't happen to anyone else. I have some sort of bad automotive karma. I'm going to try to take it in to a dealer in Maryland when they open in 4 hours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
reedred said:
I tried playing around with the tether, but my gascap also doesn't want to stay closed. I push it in and turn it, then it just pops back out. If I turn it around and around and around, eventually it'll stay closed.

In earlier threads, when I mentioned that I have horrible luck with all cars, this is the kind of stuff I meant. Stuff that seems absurd and doesn't happen to anyone else. I have some sort of bad automotive karma. I'm going to try to take it in to a dealer in Maryland when they open in 4 hours.
Just turn it to the first click.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Mine is fine but I find it interesting that they recessed the fuel inlet so far in on the side of the car that If you are not careful fueling the car there is a chance of the bottom of the automatic fuel shutoff handle hitting the paint. I hold the gas nozzle level to keep the handle off the paint!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
hyperode said:
Mine is fine but I find it interesting that they recessed the fuel inlet so far in on the side of the car that If you are not careful fueling the car there is a chance of the bottom of the automatic fuel shutoff handle hitting the paint. I hold the gas nozzle level to keep the handle off the paint!
Baby Your Baby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
no drips here.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top