Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with an idea on how to see the gas guage, especially when the top is in the closed position? It is very hard to see, if not impossible. When the top is down and the sun is out, it's manageable.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
mtiglio said:
Has anyone come up with an idea on how to see the gas guage, especially when the top is in the closed position? It is very hard to see, if not impossible. When the top is down and the sun is out, it's manageable.
Are you serious? The gas gauge? Or are you being facetious about seeing things like the stereo in the sun?

When the top is up... I would think its even easier to see. When the top is down I dont get what the difference would be. Are you talking about the DIC or the actual gauge?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Are you serious? The gas gauge? Or are you being facetious about seeing things like the stereo in the sun?

When the top is up... I would think its even easier to see. When the top is down I dont get what the difference would be. Are you talking about the DIC or the actual gauge?
It's a known issue with the SOlstice also. Several people with various seating heights are at odd angles to the gas guage so it becomes hard to see. A lot of times due to glare.

·
Registered
438 Posts
mtiglio said:

I have a better question: How do you clean the glass on the gas guage? It's so far down there?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Guess I was lucky. I'm around 5' 9" and didn't seem to have a problem.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
brentil said:
It's a known issue with the SOlstice also. Several people with various seating heights are at odd angles to the gas guage so it becomes hard to see. A lot of times due to glare.
Ahhhh... I should be more aware of the little people.

·
Registered
517 Posts
mtiglio said:
I agree it is hard to see, I use the "range" feature and that tells me how long I have left to drive. stupid place to put a fuel gage. Everything else is perfect with the car though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It is hard to see. In fact, during the day I find all the gages dim and not easy to see. It would be nice if they could be lit brightly all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SunneySky said:
It is hard to see. In fact, during the day I find all the gages dim and not easy to see. It would be nice if they could be lit brightly all the time.
I agree, the logic used to control the dimming sucks, plain and simple. I want a button I can turn the brightness on and leave it on, not this auto-control crap that screws me up at dawn and dusk when there's just enough darkness to turn them on but too much light to see past the glare. Same with the radio. It's my #1 beef with the car, and it could be fixed via a computer flash too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm 5'10'', i guess average height, and i can see all the gauges fine, have you tried moving your steering wheel up or down? The worst thing about this car is the radio glare with the top down. You can not see anything, it might as well not even be there. Why they made it orange on an orange background is crazy. If it had more contrast to it, I think you'd be able to see it better. But, to quote someone from another thread, the car is perfect in every way. I love my SKY no matter what.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts