·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ssshhhwwwweeeett!
should have my cai within the next couple of weeks.

have to get a base dyno first

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of that throaty-ness comes from the CAI... Its not a bass-y as it sounds in the video, just a sensitive mic on my camcorder.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nice..............

·
Registered
322 Posts
You just made my day. Thanks. This is EXACTLY the type/level of sound I have prayed would be present. :driving: It reminds me of those wonderful British Roadsters of the 60's....NOT that I would want to put up with how they ran or required maintainance, but there was this wonderful sound that made you just "feel" good to hear it.......Oh Ya....:) .....thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right on... I called kappasphere and talked to Neil... (Ever seen his pic under the about us section at kappasphere?) We discussed some differences between the K1 and the Magnaflow. What Neil told me about his involvement in the research behind this exhaust gave me the confidence to go with the K1 instead of the Magnaflow...not that there is anything wrong with the Magnaflow. But its the sound I was looking for... old school sporty, not import ricey. The gurgle makes me think of old school roadsters... You don't hear too much of these kinds of exhausts outside of the race track... It definitely feels like the power band has become "longer".

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great job Ken:thumbs:

What tip did you use on your exhaust? Kappa's website says SKY tips comming soon? I want to see what they look like before I make a decision.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the Solstice tip. Although you cannot tell.. It is actually cut at an angle, the shorter side towards the outside of the Sky. It looks pretty good actually, although, mine for whatever reason sits a bit in. I asked Neil about the Sky tip and it sounds to me that they probably aren't going to make a Sky tip... He told me it looked "too stock".

·
Registered
322 Posts
Would the stock exhaust tip fit on this installation?:confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice I like the sound deep a rich....I already have the CAI from Fujita and i was waiting for the MagnaFlow but after hearing yours I might change my mind...Great job....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would the stock exhaust tip fit on this installation?:confused:
Thanks
Hey whats up... Yes, you could put the sky tip back on...I'm thinking about that as I write this.... I really like the stock tip.... but those quads look good too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts