Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since i ordered my redline back in july i've been nagging my girlfriend all the time about the sky. asking about spoiler or no spoiler, splash guards, what color...ya get the point. Well at this point she's pretty much sick fo me talking about it.

So we driving past caddyshack's (small local bar) and she says, oh wow what's that and pointed to a car? I said that's a corvette. the she says "no, that one, that ones awesome". and she pointed to a sky! I sat back and got a bit of snicker on my face and replied that it was a sky. her next response was great "ok, now i'm really excited for you". This was the first time she'd seen one in person and now she fully understood why i am so obsessed with this car and won't stop talking about. I just got a great deal of satisfaction out of this and thought i'd share my fun tale.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I try to spend some time visiting with my friend (a salesman at the local Saturn dealership)... especially when there is a Sky in the showroom. People that see this car for the first time, up close and personal, have a serious case of "drop jaw".:D Pictures just don't do it justice compared to seeing this car first hand.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Great story, I know where you are coming from. My wife gets tired of me trading out vehicles and when I told her of the Sky, it was the usual, " you just got a car, you dont need a new car..." blah,blah,blah.... :willy: (I stopped listening). Then I took her to see one and now she is very interested in this car even though it is not very practical. This was the easiest sell for me in our household yet.:thumbs:

BTW nice color choice on the Redline.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
So ever since i ordered my redline back in july i've been nagging my girlfriend all the time about the sky. asking about spoiler or no spoiler, splash guards, what color...ya get the point. Well at this point she's pretty much sick fo me talking about it.

So we driving past caddyshack's (small local bar) and she says, oh wow what's that and pointed to a car? I said that's a corvette. the she says "no, that one, that ones awesome". and she pointed to a sky! I sat back and got a bit of snicker on my face and replied that it was a sky. her next response was great "ok, now i'm really excited for you". This was the first time she'd seen one in person and now she fully understood why i am so obsessed with this car and won't stop talking about. I just got a great deal of satisfaction out of this and thought i'd share my fun tale.
Hehhehe -- yeah works every time.
Back when Sunni was still a dream (I was waiting as #9 on a list of 10 cars), my dealer called and said a red Sky had come in -- so if I wanted to see one I could. My wife, who had been pooh-poohing my car choice and wondered why I'd want a 3rd car and talked about this vehicle like it was a baby, went along to see it too.
As soon as we walked in she was glued to it. She was very quiet as I pointed and told her of all the things that came on it and how our yellow one would be different etc. She said not a word...
As we left and were out of earshot of the dealers, she whispered, "That is the F^&%ing hottest car I have ever seen." From that day on she was as impatient as I waiting for delivery...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
So we driving past caddyshack's (small local bar) and she says, oh wow what's that and pointed to a car? I said that's a corvette. the she says "no, that one, that ones awesome". and she pointed to a sky! .

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hilarious. Had the same experience here. Mine didn't really care and was about to kick me outta the house for talking about it so much. If you guys don't remember, I was the one tracking the train hour by hour as it made itself across the country. Of course, I was giving her min by min updates :D

anyway, the day we took delivery, she drove me in our other vehicle. Once she got out and saw that silver pearl... well... it was all over. She followed me home and told me that everyone on the road had "eyes on".

got home, parked the truck, jumped in the sky... and I''ve had to hide the keys from her ever since :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Cool story. Yeah, I think the only thing which makes up for all the fixation on the Sky is coming through and showing the poor folks who have to deal with us while we wait. Once they get a look or ride, all seems to be forgiven.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Great story, I know where you are coming from. My wife gets tired of me trading out vehicles and when I told her of the Sky, it was the usual, " you just got a car, you dont need a new car..." blah,blah,blah.... :willy: (I stopped listening). Then I took her to see one and now she is very interested in this car even though it is not very practical. This was the easiest sell for me in our household yet.:thumbs:

BTW nice color choice on the Redline.:cheers:
Ya know?..:thumbs: ...we ALL understand and appreciate EXACTLY the "sales" expearience. I only said it once..."I think I'd like to get one?" and my dear wife said, "hell go ahead"......it was really that easy.:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Totally Opposite with me

I was the nay-sayer when my wife said she wanted one. After I went to the dealer and sat in the car I was like :eek: gotta have one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My wife gets tired of me trading out vehicles and when I told her of the Sky, it was the usual, " you just got a car, you dont need a new car..." blah,blah,blah.... :willy::
Like you, I had a habit of trading in cars every year or so. So when I said I wanted this one, my "better half" started moaning about that, but agreed to it since it would be under warranty and cost less per month than my German roadster. I tried to share my excitement with pictures, talk of this forum, ideas for names, etc. and was always met with, "you're crazy...it is just a car." As soon as we walked out the door at the dealer to see Raven sitting there waiting for us, it was all of a sudden, "Damn...this car is hot! When do I get to drive it to work to show it to my buddies?":D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts