Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, driving to work today in the Tundra. I jumped off the interstate to take a back-road route I enjoy. It's not any faster, but it goes through the woods, is nice and curvy and is SOOOO much better on my sanity than that list 15 min of terrible bumper to bumper just before getting to work.

I turn off onto the curvy road behind what I BELIEVE was an Infinity. (It was de-badged and my Google searches have turned up empty, sorry.)

Apparently, Mr. Ukraine (more on that in a sec) felt the need to show off.

Mr. Ukraine punched it, and seemed a little perturbed that a big ass blue truck could hang there with him @ a couple truck lengths behind (6.1 0-60, people underestimate the truck all the time, lol) :lol:

We come up on someone going a little over the speed limit so no more cat and mouse games :frown:

That's when I noticed what LOOKED like a Maserati logo. I was like "HUH? NAH!" then I saw the license frame had UKRAINE on it and there were no other badges on the car. It was kinda funny watching it bounce on all the bumps... bounce as in a really bad lowering job or SOMETHING else up with the suspension. I looked up "Ukraine logo" and this was what was in place of the car makers emblem: https://www.amazon.com/Car-Chrome-Decals-CNPL-TRYZUB-LRG-Ukrainian/dp/B0193MN9SA

Turns out, the guy is going the same way as me along the more of my route. It's all in traffic so he really has no other chance to display attitude.

So... last turn where I'm following him. We are turning left onto a road that has to make a decent left curve to join the road we are turning off of. This left turn crosses over a pretty significant crowning in the center of the road (drainage purposes, it's near a river).

Mr. Ukraine decides to show off again and floors it through that curve, fishtails back and forth 3-4 times before he gets it under control (more likely before the ESC kicks in and shuts it down). :willy:

Note: I'm still right behind him in a big ass crew-max Tundra matching his speed and not fishtailing :lol::cheers:

I do have to admit, whatever the car was, the aftermarket exhaust did sound very nice! >:)

So, yeah, my luck... I probably pissed off some random Ukrainian mobster :wink:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Displaying attitude, trying to show off... and immediately almost wrecking (or at least a hard curbing) your painstakingly customized Infinity.

It was even a pretty well balanced karma... he didn't hurt or really endanger anyone in trying to show off... would've sucked if he actually had hurt his car trying to show off a lil :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Displaying attitude, trying to show off... and immediately almost wrecking (or at least a hard curbing) your painstakingly customized Infinity.

It was even a pretty well balanced karma... he didn't hurt or really endanger anyone in trying to show off... would've sucked if he actually had hurt his car trying to show off a lil :eek:

Perfect! Would be better if they curbed a wheel though.... hahaha

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
The part that still confuses me in this whole scenario is that a guy in a car does something that is viewed as showing off and therefore deserves to have something bad happen to him, but the guy in the "big-ass crew max Tundra" that follows him and apparently does exactly the same thing is not showing off.

Explanation anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts