Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collectible Automobile magazine, published bimonthly has a section on future collectibles near the back of the magazine . The Nov-Dec issue features the Sky as a future classic, even calling it a "ringer', which is a good thing.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Collectible Automobile magazine, published bimonthly has a section on future collectibles near the back of the magazine . The Nov-Dec issue features the Sky as a future classic, even calling it a "ringer', which is a good thing.
\

:thumbs:

Sounds good !

·
Registered
420 Posts
hmm...what do they mean by calling it a 'ringer'? :confused:

according to Merriam-Webster:
Pronunciation: 'ri[ng]-&r
Function: noun
1 : one that sounds especially by ringing
2 a (1) : one that enters a competition under false representations (2) : IMPOSTER, FAKE
b : one that strongly resembles another -- often used with dead <he's a dead ringer for the senator>

So are they calling our Sky's fake?? as in a fake collectible future classic whatchamacallit?? am I reading between the lines here? am I taking the word out of context? maybe so...

·
Registered
745 Posts
When you have a ringer

Say you have a contest say it is a slam dunk contest in basketball all the contestants old fat out of shape people and Micheal Jordan a professional dons a wig and a fat suit. Who is going to win the contest? The Ringer got it. A sure thing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmm...what do they mean by calling it a 'ringer'? :confused:

according to Merriam-Webster:
Pronunciation: 'ri[ng]-&r
Function: noun
1 : one that sounds especially by ringing
2 a (1) : one that enters a competition under false representations (2) : IMPOSTER, FAKE
b : one that strongly resembles another -- often used with dead <he's a dead ringer for the senator>

So are they calling our Sky's fake?? as in a fake collectible future classic whatchamacallit?? am I reading between the lines here? am I taking the word out of context? maybe so...
How about the use of the word "ringer" as in horseshoes...meaning a winner! Ringer also is used to indicate a look alike as in "He is a dead ringer for..." Thus, the Sky is a winner as a future collectable or looks like one of those who are already collectables...

·
Registered
420 Posts
ohhhh now I see!

yes yes it's all clear to me now how they used the word in context.

thanks for the great examples and clarification guys! :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
just keep it original. if you add extras, its not worth as much.:nono:
Agreed, if you have a part replaced by the dealership, say the installation of a CAI. Have the dealership turn it over to you, it's yours anyway, put it in the garage for some distant future. I did, and it would cost me a chunk of change to buy one and return the car to "factory" original.
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chrome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Agreed, if you have a part replaced by the dealership, say the installation of a CAI. Have the dealership turn it over to you, it's yours anyway, put it in the garage for some distant future. I did, and it would cost me a chunk of change to buy one and return the car to "factory" original.
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chrome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards
starlightsky is correct, I have modified many cars in my day. but I always keep every part I pull off and always try not to modify the car by drilling extra holes etc.. The parts you pull off can be worth their weight in gold later.........

Also everytime I order a car or truck I always tell the dealer to request a replacement window sticker, that way I have one that is not torn or otherwise mangled by the prep staff at the dealership. I usually just put it away in a mint brochure so it doesn't get wrinkled, it is amazing how much that can mean to a future owner if you decide to sell later on....:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As a general hint -- save evry bit of documentation. Every tage and sticker that came of at PDI (I have them all in a baggie) - the window sticker, bill of sale - I have a printout from GM Workbench from order date to delivery.
It costs nothing to do this and if there is value at a later date -- YOURS will be more valuable!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I plan on putting together my temp. licence plate, my first speeding ticket & the receipt that I paid the ticket, the picture I took at the delarship and the receipt from the car in a frame to display.

This is my first car I purchased so not only is it special because it is a SKY but because it is my first major purchase.

·
Registered
357 Posts
To confirm...

I missed getting this issue on the newstand (February 2007 issue is already out!). Can someone confirm what month the issue is that has the SKY in the "Future Collectibles" section, and if there's an issue # on the cover for me? I'd like to call and order this issue. TIA! :dthumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts