Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI

I just received this info from my Saturn Dealer. Sorry if this info has been posted already.


"This is the latest production bulletin from Saturn the first and second orders generated are for the Saturn retailers, they did this so that each store will receive one SKY rougly at the same time for display/ to sell off of / test drives. After these orders are completed they will start releasing images for the general public I will keep you posted with any further info.
Updated SKY Information
The 1st SKY orders were generated on Thursday, January 5th. These orders will not Pass to POMs until 1/18/06. Retailers should review their order content and make any necessary changes while orders are at Event 025. Similar to the Relay process, Retailers will have eight (8) days to review their order option content before the orders go to POMs (Event 030). At Event 030, option content will be frozen and no more option content changes can be made. The next order generation is scheduled for Monday, January 9th. After the completion of the 2nd order gen, each Market Area will have received one (1) SKY order per open retail facility within the Market Area.

STARTUP RESTRICTIONS
At start of production for SKY, a couple of options will not be available as listed in the Online Order Guide. Automatic transmission (MX0) is currently unavailable. However, it is anticipated that this option will be made available a few weeks after start of production. Also, the combination of Polar White (50U) exterior with Red Leather (025) interior will be unavailable. We will keep the weekly message updated as information becomes available."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Just FYI

I just received this info from my Saturn Dealer. Sorry if this info has been posted already.


"This is the latest production bulletin from Saturn the first and second orders generated are for the Saturn retailers, they did this so that each store will receive one SKY rougly at the same time for display/ to sell off of / test drives. After these orders are completed they will start releasing images for the general public I will keep you posted with any further info.
Updated SKY Information
The 1st SKY orders were generated on Thursday, January 5th. These orders will not Pass to POMs until 1/18/06. Retailers should review their order content and make any necessary changes while orders are at Event 025. Similar to the Relay process, Retailers will have eight (8) days to review their order option content before the orders go to POMs (Event 030). At Event 030, option content will be frozen and no more option content changes can be made. The next order generation is scheduled for Monday, January 9th. After the completion of the 2nd order gen, each Market Area will have received one (1) SKY order per open retail facility within the Market Area.

STARTUP RESTRICTIONS
At start of production for SKY, a couple of options will not be available as listed in the Online Order Guide. Automatic transmission (MX0) is currently unavailable. However, it is anticipated that this option will be made available a few weeks after start of production. Also, the combination of Polar White (50U) exterior with Red Leather (025) interior will be unavailable. We will keep the weekly message updated as information becomes available."
This info concurs with what my dealer has been telling me...
I am starting to get reluctant to post anything I hear from my dealer because so many think their orders are already going in to be built, and some have been told they will get their car in around 3 weeks... All I know is I am second on My dealer's list and have a guarenteed ordering position and to be sold at no more than MSRP...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
This pretty much concurs with what my dealer has also been saying. I am also number 2 on the waiting list. Sad to hear about the automatic being delayed though.:nonod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
things are starting to line up a little better with what the dealers say because we're getting closer and closer to the release date. the only reason the dealers know what their doing now is cause gm told them what to say :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
We were told that the Auto tranny will be on a 3 week delay which will put it being built along with the second release of images of Jan 19th.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Just FYI

I just received this info from my Saturn Dealer. Sorry if this info has been posted already.


"This is the latest production bulletin from Saturn the first and second orders generated are for the Saturn retailers, they did this so that each store will receive one SKY rougly at the same time for display/ to sell off of / test drives. After these orders are completed they will start releasing images for the general public I will keep you posted with any further info.
Updated SKY Information
The 1st SKY orders were generated on Thursday, January 5th. These orders will not Pass to POMs until 1/18/06. Retailers should review their order content and make any necessary changes while orders are at Event 025. Similar to the Relay process, Retailers will have eight (8) days to review their order option content before the orders go to POMs (Event 030). At Event 030, option content will be frozen and no more option content changes can be made. The next order generation is scheduled for Monday, January 9th. After the completion of the 2nd order gen, each Market Area will have received one (1) SKY order per open retail facility within the Market Area.

STARTUP RESTRICTIONS
At start of production for SKY, a couple of options will not be available as listed in the Online Order Guide. Automatic transmission (MX0) is currently unavailable. However, it is anticipated that this option will be made available a few weeks after start of production. Also, the combination of Polar White (50U) exterior with Red Leather (025) interior will be unavailable. We will keep the weekly message updated as information becomes available."
This is exactly what I saw on the screen when I ordered mine, No Polar White/Red Leather was listed on package page and it rejwected the automatic when we tried to order it, however it was accepted imeediately when changed to 5 speed. I have the printouts in my SKY folder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
We were told that the Auto tranny will be on a 3 week delay which will put it being built along with the second release of images of Jan 19th.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
On the top left hand corner of my order forms is AU10052R on all thre printouts on one of the pages above this code? is the word MORDENT, ARE THESE ANY KIND OF IDENTIFIERS? rOUTING CODES? Any significance to them? Ernest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
This is exactly what I saw on the screen when I ordered mine, No Polar White/Red Leather was listed on package page and it rejwected the automatic when we tried to order it, however it was accepted imeediately when changed to 5 speed. I have the printouts in my SKY folder.
This is also what my dealer has told me....
He also said that they ARE taking orders now, the way he is handling it is as an Image comes in he contacts the people with deposits in order they placed it. Unfortunately they used the first image for their showroom car, so I have been bumped down one spot in the order... but I am hopeful to get my car ordered in the next two weeks or so...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Ernest said:
On the top left hand corner of my order forms is AU10052R on all thre printouts on one of the pages above this code? is the word MORDENT, ARE THESE ANY KIND OF IDENTIFIERS? rOUTING CODES? Any significance to them? Ernest
PM sent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
This is also what my dealer has told me....
He also said that they ARE taking orders now, the way he is handling it is as an Image comes in he contacts the people with deposits in order they placed it. Unfortunately they used the first image for their showroom car, so I have been bumped down one spot in the order... but I am hopeful to get my car ordered in the next two weeks or so...
My dealer did the same thing - used the first image as the demo. My Sales Manger took my "order" with the understanding (written) that mine will be the first customer image.
I did order the auto so my car will be delayed a bit :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
SATN SKY said:
My dealer decided to give the first image to me. Guess they don't want or need a demo.

Same here, I will get the first one, and the dealer asked me to let him display it for 2 weeks after it comes in...I said no problem with a early mid march delivery and it being still cool here in the IL...I said no Problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
My delear gave me one of their demos, but although they didn't ask I told them that since I am retired as I don't have a lot to do anyway, and I hang around the dealership, I would bring mine in and 2 days a week for a few hours and put it on the showroom floor, Hey what better way to return the favor. Hey I even get a desk on the showroom floor to chill at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
My dealer asked me to e-mail him my option preferences and the first image that he gets in that can be equipped with the automatic trans is mine :D So I'm really hoping that the date of january 19th is true, as that is less than one week away :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Ernest said:
My delear gave me one of their demos, but although they didn't ask I told them that since I am retired as I don't have a lot to do anyway, and I hang around the dealership, I would bring mine in and 2 days a week for a few hours and put it on the showroom floor, Hey what better way to return the favor. Hey I even get a desk on the showroom floor to chill at.
Get something out of it.

Say i want "free mud guards" or "free extended warranty" or whatever. There are plenty of accessory parts too you could get for free. Solstice owners did this all the time. Let the dealer show your car for a week, or a couple times a week and get free stuff.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top