Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, since the sky/gt is done... what about the G2X? havent heard or read anything on it. i know it's an asian market kappa but is/was still being made? production/sales numbers? :huh:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It was a rebadged Sky Redline just as the Opel GT was. Kappas are now dead.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that :lol: but since it was made outside US......? That's what I'm getting at

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
ok, since the sky/gt is done... what about the G2X? havent heard or read anything on it. i know it's an asian market kappa but is/was still being made? production/sales numbers? :huh:
It was supposed to be made at Wilmington alongside the Solstice and Sky, the same as the Opel GT, for export. It never happened, and GM has never published any numbers that would even hint at it's existence in real life.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I know that :lol: but since it was made outside US......? That's what I'm getting at
Mike, ALL Kappas were built in Wilmington. Not sure if the Opel GT had the full 5000 allocated cars built, but the G2X sure didn't. Both were exports from the US.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Inquiring minds?

:skep:
Husbands boss was on Holiday in Germany last month, his in-laws live there. He should have taken some pictures but he says that a dealer in Germany had my Sky in the lot, he has seen my car up close, and he claims they had a V6 instead of a 4cyl. They were Opel badged and with a V6, the dealer told him the cars are made in Germany. So was it a Mallet motor exchange or did Opel start assembling there own GT?
This fellow has no reason to make up such a tall tale so something is amuck :willy: So is the Opel GT still for sale in Europe?

TulsaSky
:jester:

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, ok thought it was done over seas simce never heard anything else bout it

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
:skep:
Husbands boss was on Holiday in Germany last month, his in-laws live there. He should have taken some pictures but he says that a dealer in Germany had my Sky in the lot, he has seen my car up close, and he claims they had a V6 instead of a 4cyl. They were Opel badged and with a V6, the dealer told him the cars are made in Germany. So was it a Mallet motor exchange or did Opel start assembling there own GT?
This fellow has no reason to make up such a tall tale so something is amuck :willy: So is the Opel GT still for sale in Europe?

TulsaSky
Here you go, the German Opel site shows it as the LNF: Opel.de | Opel GT | Start

So if it was a V6, it has to of been a conversion done locally, when they leave the US as an Opel, it is just a Sky re-badged. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Not on website now!

Here you go, the German Opel site shows it as the LNF: Opel.de | Opel GT | Start

So if it was a V6, it has to of been a conversion done locally, when they leave the US as an Opel, it is just a Sky re-badged. :cheers:

Opel.de | Homepage

Your link is blank and the current website for GM Germany Opel does not have our Sky aka Opel GT in the line up. My world German Spy must of seen a convert, maybe some language translation lost on where the car was made :willy:

TulsaSky

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Opel.de | Homepage

Your link is blank and the current website for GM Germany Opel does not have our Sky aka Opel GT in the line up. My world German Spy must of seen a convert, maybe some language translation lost on where the car was made :willy:

TulsaSky
Oh man that is creepy. As God is my witness, when I posted that link this morning, the German Opel site still had the Opel GT, now it is GONE. :lol:But it did have the same LNF information for the power plant as the Sky/Solstice and no mention of a V6 option.

Here is a link to Opel GT in Europe, with links to all the different countries. The new Opel GT.But it looks like the GT is disappearing on the individual country sites. :lol: It does still show up on the revolving line up at the main Opel site.Opel.com International Site | Discover Opel

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Not definitive proof, but more evidence
that the Asian market kappa did exist.
Exported quantity ... no numbers available
Daewoo wheel center caps
now available at ICS.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
At one of the factory Mecca tours there were G2x cars going down the assembly line. I have seen one there with my own 2 eyes so they do in fact exits.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
According to the VIN decoder site, for model year 2008, there were 120 Skys built with these codes :

DRX - MODEL CONVERSION DAEWOO DAEWOO(DRX)
CW1 - COUNTRY KOREA(EXPORT) KOREA(CW1)

I suspect that means that there were 120 Daewoo Kappas for 2008.

I don't have the info for other model years.

If someone were to provide me a valid VIN number for 2007 and/or 2009 I could probably get that info also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
According to the VIN decoder site, for model year 2008, there were 120 Skys built with these codes :

DRX - MODEL CONVERSION DAEWOO DAEWOO(DRX)
CW1 - COUNTRY KOREA(EXPORT) KOREA(CW1)

I suspect that means that there were 120 Daewoo Kappas for 2008.

I don't have the info for other model years.

If someone were to provide me a valid VIN number for 2007 and/or 2009 I could probably get that info also.
I heard from someone at Wilmington, they only ship seven of them? :cool: and they show up under the Opel GT production numbers?? :brentil:

I have only seen the silver and red one?? :banghead:

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Theystarted shipping to Korea in the MY2008......Skip..:):D:)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I have followed every month of Wilmington Production since they started reporting the first solstice builds, and to date, they have never reported any Daewoo G2x builds.

Rumor has it that they were reported as either Skys or Opel GTs, so we really only have rumors as to how many were built and/or when they were built. There is NO published record of any being built or shipped.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
A GI on this forum confirmed that there are Korean kappas in Korea. With the daewoo label.....Skip.....:):D:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts