Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys and gals, I have a question about the G80 Limited Slip Rear Differential. Is it a necessary option I should consider? If yes, what are the benefits I can expect? The SKY will be a third vehicle in my household, not to see rain (unless an unexpected shower hits while I'm out) and definitely NO SNOW. So, should the G80 option be included when I spec out my SKY? Anyone know how much it costs (presumably on the Solstice)??? TIA

EDIT: $195 (Solstice), per GMBuyPower

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Standard on Sky

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I am pretty sure it is standard equipment. When we did my image there was no way to select it and the printout says it is standard equipment.

Configured different for Canada maybe? I doubt that though

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Configured different for Canada maybe? I doubt that though
Yes, just maybe it is standard for Canadian SKY's due to the weather. I'm assuming that's the main benefit of this option, to provide more traction in inclement weather. So maybe Canadian vehicles get it standard, while US SKY owners can choose the option based on where the car will be sold (weather-wise). Or the ordering guide can be wrong! :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think the options and packages are different here, as the mosoon speaker system is an option to be added after radio choice here, where I think it is standard with the optional radio packages

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
According to the Saturn website and Print Book it's optional. The Sky is back up on the GM Dealer World site also, and it's still listed there as an option. Canadian Solstice also has G80 optional still as well.

GM Canada did force the combining of two packages for the Solstice though not found on the USA cars, but who knows if they'll add extra options to the standard list when that would either mean loosing moeny on base cost or jacking the base cost up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
brentil said:
According to the Saturn website and Print Book it's optional. The Sky is back up on the GM Dealer World site also, and it's still listed there as an option. Canadian Solstice also has G80 optional still as well.

GM Canada did force the combining of two packages for the Solstice though not found on the USA cars, but who knows if they'll add extra options to the standard list when that would either mean loosing moeny on base cost or jacking the base cost up.
I see that too...I have to check on that because it is an option I would definately want. I won't be driving year round but early spring and late fall we still get icy patches sometimes.

Hell this is Saskatchewan...we get ice in July sometimes!!! :jester:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Checked again today...

absolutely 100% standard on the Canadian SKYs

I was worried I had missed out on that option for a few days there.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Checked again today...

absolutely 100% standard on the Canadian SKYs

I was worried I had missed out on that option for a few days there.
I wonder why they didn't make it standard on the SOlstice too then. Very odd, not like you're at risk any less in the Solstice.

·
Registered
623 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Okay guys and gals, I have a question about the G80 Limited Slip Rear Differential. Is it a necessary option I should consider? If yes, what are the benefits I can expect? The SKY will be a third vehicle in my household, not to see rain (unless an unexpected shower hits while I'm out) and definitely NO SNOW. So, should the G80 option be included when I spec out my SKY? Anyone know how much it costs (presumably on the Solstice)??? TIA

EDIT: $195 (Solstice), per GMBuyPower
For the $200 it's worth it. In fact, it's probably the only option I'd recommend everyoe get. Of course there aren't very many SKY options.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Fourth line from the bottom Limited Slip Differencial S :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts