Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've been holding my tongue for a few weeks trying to resolve the issue of being charged $795 for the upgraded chrome wheels ON TOP OF being charged for the 20" Foose Chrome Wheels and 20" Nitto Tires.

It is with total heartache and misfortune that I tell you that the VP of Sales at Galpin, the General Manager, and Salesman feel that they charged me appropriately. They state that they can mark up the cost AS MUCH AS THEY WANT - And they did.

At this time, I have contacted the Saturn Corporation, GM, DMV Investigation and the Better Business Bureau.

What a total disappointment. I have referred several people to them since and am sorry I did.

Stay away from Galpin, they'll rape you blind. That's how I feel. I'm also getting a lawyer.

I understand that they are the 3rd biggest dealership in the nation, but the fact of the matter is, I didn't deserve to be charged the $795 upgrade to chrome the stock wheels that they didn't even give me. AND to boot, they lied. They told me that it was credited into my Foose Wheels, but they couldn't prove it. I am so upset, disappointed and hurt that someone could do business like this. That a company takes pride at ripping people off.

If anyone has any words of wisdom, or guidance with this, please let me know.

Regards

·
Registered
202 Posts
I worked at that store for about a year before I moved inland. IIRC if they removed a stock component that was on the window sticker (as an option, not standard equipment) and replaced it with something else, the addendum sticker showed that piece removed and the other added- like this:

<Remove factory chrome wheels $795>
20" Custom Chrome Wheels $2495

If you can't get anywhere talking to the GM Dennis you should speak with the owner, Bert Boeckmann who is on site at the Ford car showroom 5 days a week. He is very customer focused and will work hard to make you happy.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GMinTheDriveway said:
I worked at that store for about a year before I moved inland. IIRC if they removed a stock component that was on the window sticker (as an option, not standard equipment) and replaced it with something else, the addendum sticker showed that piece removed and the other added- like this:

<Remove factory chrome wheels $795>
20" Custom Chrome Wheels $2495

If you can't get anywhere talking to the GM Dennis you should speak with the owner, Bert Boeckmann who is on site at the Ford car showroom 5 days a week. He is very customer focused and will work hard to make you happy.
Best of luck.
Thanks for the feedback, I actually really like Dennis, or did. I felt that he cared about me. He said he wanted to help, but in the end (last week, after having my car for 6 weeks) offered me a set of 18" stock tires and wheels. What am I going to do with that? My apartment isn't even big enough. I mean, I shed tears because I really thought they liked me. I bought him and my salesperson both a $50 bottle of wine and had the labels customized with a picture of the car and a poem on it. Boy do I feel like a total, total idiot. I'm through "trying" with them. I've emailed my cousin (Congressman Henry Waxman) for a referral to a lawyer. They may have good lawyers, but I can get a better one. Someone will want to challenge this.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I really think that stinks. They purposely ordered the Chrome Wheels knowing they were going to add the Foose Chrome Wheels and charge the persom for both. I am, sure those wheels went on ION and the person was charged 2,000 for them as well.

Los Angeles DA has a Consumer Fraud Division, I would contact them.

Good Luck and I am sorry that happened.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Angelgute1 I am very sorry to hear all this drama. When you first posted about the wheels I thought you had ordered them. Knowing what you dealer has done I would fight this one to the end as well. At the very least you should get your factory set of wheels or proof that they were subtracted from the price. Go to the Foose site and price the wheels to see if it is inline with what you were charged. Always remember we are all here for you and are very interested in the progress you are able to make.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marklynn70 said:
Angelgute1 I am very sorry to hear all this drama. When you first posted about the wheels I thought you had ordered them. Knowing what you dealer has done I would fight this one to the end as well. At the very least you should get your factory set of wheels or proof that they were subtracted from the price. Go to the Foose site and price the wheels to see if it is inline with what you were charged. Always remember we are all here for you and are very interested in the progress you are able to make.
I have.....believe me

·
Registered
246 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Thanks for the feedback, I actually really like Dennis, or did. I felt that he cared about me. He said he wanted to help, but in the end (last week, after having my car for 6 weeks) offered me a set of 18" stock tires and wheels. What am I going to do with that?
He offered you a set of tires and wheels?? Chrome? Hmmmm, isn't that partially what you wanted? You said they included the price of the chrome you ordered and the tires that came with the car - towards the foose wheels and the new 20" tires, are they now offering to give you the original tires and wheels back? You're halfway there! The chromes can be sold in a minute (I think I might have someone who wants them - first dibs!) and heck, all of us will need new tires in 20,000 miles (these are grippers, not long lasting tires). Tell them You want them to store them till they are sold.

Hmmmmm, $800 for chromes would be a steal and each tire is worth $225. How much do you think they overcharged you? If the value is close to what you think you lost, take the offer while you can and avoid the lawyer thing. You have been wronged for sure, but letting this spoil your experience and piece of mind is not worth all this. Getting a lawyer will cost you much more in the end - I know from experience. Hopefully I'm understanding this right. I'm sorry for not following it more closely.

As for the wine and reffered customers, you did the right thing. Somewhere in the back of their minds, they have got to feel pretty lousy for what they did, it's sometimes very hard to live with yourself after someone points this out by doing a kind thing. It will be just one more thing they will have to deal with somewhere inside their sick minds. Believe me, what you did showed them something about your character.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turk said:
He offered you a set of tires and wheels?? Chrome? Hmmmm, isn't that partially what you wanted? You said they included the price of the chrome you ordered and the tires that came with the car - towards the foose wheels and the new 20" tires, are they now offering to give you the original tires and wheels back? You're halfway there! The chromes can be sold in a minute (I think I might have someone who wants them - first dibs!) and heck, all of us will need new tires in 20,000 miles (these are grippers, not long lasting tires). Tell them You want them to store them till they are sold.

Hmmmmm, $800 for chromes would be a steal and each tire is worth $225. How much do you think they overcharged you? If the value is close to what you think you lost, take the offer while you can and avoid the lawyer thing. You have been wronged for sure, but letting this spoil your experience and piece of mind is not worth all this. Getting a lawyer will cost you much more in the end - I know from experience. Hopefully I'm understanding this right. I'm sorry for not following it more closely.

As for the wine and reffered customers, you did the right thing. Somewhere in the back of their minds, they have got to feel pretty lousy for what they did, it's sometimes very hard to live with yourself after someone points this out by doing a kind thing. It will be just one more thing they will have to deal with somewhere inside their sick minds. Believe me, what you did showed them something about your character.
I certainly appreciate your feedback, and to be honest, I wasn't as upset with the people I dealt with until I spoke the the VP of Sales at Galpin. He was just rude, unprofessional, not nice, etc. I tried to hold my composure the best I could, for as long as I could. He brought out the "mean streak" in me because if his cockiness. Either way, I still am very happy with the car. And you're right this will sit on their concious and not mine. And I know a lot of people and I will no longer refer to Galpin. I'm just sorry I told the 2 people that already purchased other cars (not Saturns) to go there. I'm still waiting to see what Saturn Corporation does, if anything...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Im soooo sorry to hear about your delima, since you have been a great encourgament to others. Keep us posted girlfriend.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
... Either way, I still am very happy with the car...

:thumbs: That is great, you do have a Dynamite looking car with those wheels! Don't let the bad, color your overall view of the car and the fact that you got it as early as you did! :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well They Lost A Sale

well I can tell you I was going to purchase two cars from them ...... my Sky and another daily driver..looks like I will go elsewhere !!:nono:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
grubin said:
well I can tell you I was going to purchase two cars from them ...... my Sky and another daily driver..looks like I will go elsewhere !!:nono:
I have to be honest. It depends on where you are on the list and how long you want to wait. The fortunate part about Galpin is that they will have the most cars available of all of the dealerships, but the unfortunate part is that you may pay over and beyond what a normal person would consider fair. And that's not including a reasonable "over MSRP" or "over-charged labor". We're just talking about paying for an upgrade that you didn't request to go with the car, after it's off the car.... If you are okay with that, then this might be the place for you.

I received a return email from my cousin in D.C. and he referred me to someone to speak with.

I'm expecting to hear back from Saturn Corporation by the beginning of next week. If I don't hear back, I may call the local t.v. channels and start creating a stir. I really want people to know about this. It wasn't until I spoke to the VP of Sales that I started feeling angry (over hurt) and wanting to smear their name. He was so caddy... anyway, that's where I'm at.

I do appreciate your concerns. It's now the weekend and I will put it behind me for the next couple of days, but rest assured, this is just the beginning.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

So I want you all to know that I haven't received resolution (yet) from Galpin for being charged $795 for the upgraded chrome wheels that I didn't get....but I did get something for Saturn Corporation. They felt bad for me and agreed that although the dealerships can charge whatever they want for the cars, it was completely unethical to charge me for the upgrade and lie about it as well (I have everything in writing from the dealership stating they credited it to the Foose wheels that were put on, however, unable to prove it). Saturn Corporation has added a "Car Care" package to my sale so that for my car care for the first 3 years/36,000 miles will be taken care of. I thought that was a pretty nice thing for them to do, as they say "in good faith" to stand by their name. As for Saturn of the Valley/Galpin... I am working with the Public Counsel and will be contacting the local t.v. stations over the course of the next few weeks. Their lack of compasion, honesty and loyalty to their customers went down the drain when the VP of Sales told me he "didn't care" and "we can charge what we want". The legalities will come later with my lawyer etc. Just an FYI

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'll buy the 18" chrome wheels and tires! Guess that makes me second dibs!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I was there on Friday to pickup one of the new Brochures. I noticed that on any car that they ordered factory upgrade wheels, they had
(Includes Discount for Factory Wheels)

Of course it is not itemized, so you have no way of knowing if they did that or they decided to charge more for something else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts