Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I live in the home of the NIMBYs. An ugly container like that will get called out in no time. And before long a squad of by-law officers will show up at my doorstop with a ceased and take down order... plus a fine for taking up their time. :rolleyes: We even have a by law on tree removal in our own property.
Pretty sure a pop up tent on the driveway will also get some kind of violation.

You can only get away with it if you live in the boondocks. Or farming purposes. Hmm...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Get the distinct feeling we want you to stay?
Yes!

I want to stay too. Time will tell.

I told my wife that we need only 1.5 garage more but building a 3.5, we could rent out the other 2 bays, likely for around $200/month each. That raised her eyebrows. Given we sleep right there above our main garage, along with motion sensitive flood lighting there, the security is naturally a lot better than most alternatives.

All 4 entries into the new garage would face the street and also our bedroom windows. I would not have any windows in the garage except for some frosted glass block windows abound that would be too small to crawl through if someone broke them out.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I find it all fascinating...my wife stopped asking questions about these sorts of things years ago. 🍻 Ususally says something like "I guess it could be drugs."

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd wonder how long it would take to get to me. I'm in northern Minnesota.

Moisture build up is a good point too. I'm sure there's some sort of nifty system they have that makes use of s small footprint.
Containers are around. Used to be a big pile of them just west of St.Cloud. My fireworks display club and members have several for fireworks storage. We coat the interior with epoxy paint. Unless there is a leak from rain we have little issue with moisture

·
Registered
690 Posts
Put in vents!
I was looking into it and there are several options, none too inexpensive. There is a company called 360 Products that has wall mounted until to stop what they refer to as “rain” in the units. For our Wisconsin place, I’m going to look into a pole building instead. It’s easier to navigate the zoning and permitting issues.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Nice collection there! I miss my Fiero :(
I owned Fiero-GTs from 1992 thru 2003. I really enjoyed them. My treasured one was my first, a 1986-GT 4-speed that I bought used in 1992 and sold it in 2002.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

My last was an 88GT auto that I owned a short while thereafter. The automatic didn't have the driving enjoyment of the manual.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

As much as I enjoyed the Fiero-GTs, I enjoy our base Sky a whole lot more.
  • convertible
  • body style
  • performance (horse power and torque)
  • smoother shifting
  • easier clutch
  • power steering
  • general feel
If only our Sky had a decent trunk and spare tire like the Fiero.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
274 Posts
And the Sky doesn’t have that funky 80’s interior….

·
Registered
690 Posts
Back in the day I dated a 👧 who was a St. Pauli Girl 🍺 and drove a black 85 Fiero GT with a manual transmission. In retrospect, I truly miss that car. 😇

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There are a bunch of us here that used to have Fieros. I bought a new '85 red one, that I eventually traded in for a new '88 GT. I drove the GT for 12 years until it got hit.
Here is my '88 GT on what was it's tenth birthday...
Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car Tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

41 - 51 of 51 Posts