438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
great dealer...fixed problem!

Dealer lived up to promise!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Listen to this crap! Local dealer takes my deposit and I have a receipt that shows $200.00 deposit (with a date of deal) for a new sky, manual, color, and even options interested in car includin AC, and so on. Here's the Garbage...I call back to the dealership under a fake name and ask to get on a list and the GM says we are not taking a list! I said "my buddy" just gave you a deposit and he says we are not going to do a list, because we KNOW that the car will be delayed a lot longer than expected and we don't want to piss anyone off. So I say what about the deposit, he says, "i'll just give it back". What a crock of ****! Then he has the nerve to say, I don't want to make any promises, because I want one, my Daughter will probably want one and the rest of my family comes first!! Are you freaking kidding me...Nice standards at SATURN..he even said if I want it that bad go to pontiac and get the SOLSTICE cause I will have it a lot quicker! No **** sherlock, but I want the SKY!

This is crap! Anybody a Lawyer out there, will my receipt hold up for anything! I am fumed with this guy! Anybody work for SATURN so I can get this guys *** cooked!!
go to the Saturn website, get their customer service 800 number and report them, and you should have the names of the people you talked to.. then go to another Saturn dealer, they are not all like this...
P.S. and just a suggestion, Keep your cool and do not cuss the service rep, they are there to help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Listen to this crap! Local dealer takes my deposit and I have a receipt that shows $200.00 deposit (with a date of deal) for a new sky, manual, color, and even options interested in car includin AC, and so on. Here's the Garbage...I call back to the dealership under a fake name and ask to get on a list and the GM says we are not taking a list! I said "my buddy" just gave you a deposit and he says we are not going to do a list, because we KNOW that the car will be delayed a lot longer than expected and we don't want to piss anyone off. So I say what about the deposit, he says, "i'll just give it back". What a crock of ****! Then he has the nerve to say, I don't want to make any promises, because I want one, my Daughter will probably want one and the rest of my family comes first!! Are you freaking kidding me...Nice standards at SATURN..he even said if I want it that bad go to pontiac and get the SOLSTICE cause I will have it a lot quicker! No **** sherlock, but I want the SKY!

This is crap! Anybody a Lawyer out there, will my receipt hold up for anything! I am fumed with this guy! Anybody work for SATURN so I can get this guys *** cooked!!
BELIEVE ME, FRIEND, WHEN I TELL YOU "THEY ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT"! AS A MATTER OF FACT I WAS ON THE LIST BACK IN JUNE AND TODAY I WENT AND PUT DOWN MY $500 DEPOSIT. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. MY MONEY IS REFUNDABLE. DID YOU SPEAK WITH A SALESPERSON OR SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE DEALERSHIP. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY ALL CAN BE THAT OUT OF WHACK. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND GO ELSEWHERE. DEFINITELY GO TO THE SATURN SITE AND REPORT THEM. I AM SURE THAT SATURN WILL NOT PUT UP WITH SUCH CALLOUSNESS.....GOOD LUCK ,FRIEND

·
Registered
246 Posts
I made a comment here in the forum a month ago about a little issue with the treatment I got from a production Sky traveling show employee. Saturn corporate read the comment here, called the dealership, contacted the salesman, and ask him to call me and appologize. I was quite shocked as it was a very small issue and did not really matter that much.

Guess my point is, GM is listening and they are monitoring this forum. Might be time to name names! I often wonder how many sky's are going to family and friend before our allocation gets filled at the dealership. No big deal I guess - heck, it's their dealership. They should get some perks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Turk said:
I made a comment here in the forum a month ago about a little issue with the treatment I got from a production Sky traveling show employee. Saturn corporate read the comment here, called the dealership, contacted the salesman, and ask him to call me and appologize. I was quite shocked as it was a very small issue and did not really matter that much.

Guess my point is, GM is listening and they are monitoring this forum. Might be time to name names! I often wonder how many sky's are going to family and friend before our allocation gets filled at the dealership. No big deal I guess - heck, it's their dealership. They should get some perks!
AS LONG AS THEY (GM/SATURN) ARE MONITORING THE SITE...YOU SHOULD USE NAMES IF THE AREN'T ACTING IN A PROFEESIONAL MANNER. THEY SHOULD TREAT EVERYONE AS A VALUED CUSTOMER EVEN IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY ELSEWHERE.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Agreed. This person you've spoken to has reported. I would hope at the very least you are number #1 on the legitimate list after getting all this crap from the dealer. Perks or not, as a retailer, if he wanted his family to get the first cars he should have had them join the list early and put down their deposits. It is in poor taste to state that he will return your deposit so he can secure vehicles for his family. My guess is that he may even be able to buy them with his discount or maybe turn a small profit on them, if he's unable to honor something so simple as an orders list I am then sure he's probably got many more things that he's willing to get around to satisfy his "friends".

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the Dark

Can't remember exactly when I found this forum and joined, but it's interesting that the same thread keep getting started because we just don't have or can't get any 'real' information. Maybe that's the most frustrating part of the wait. My local dealer will NOT accept deposits, yet. So, I keep in touch and can only hope I will get an early delivery. I have offered reall money to get on the list.

The dealer doesn't seem to know any more than we do or maybe not saying because of non-disclosures. I can only guess.

For now I have to hope and watch the forum hoping and enjoying every nugget I can glean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Listen to this crap! ...Anybody work for SATURN so I can get this guys *** cooked!!
Keep us informed what happens with the local dealer and Saturn replies.
This is an interesting twist of events.
Now there are at least 2 rogue dealerships out there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Once upon a time you had to go through a very rigorous process to become a part of the organization known as Saturn...

More and more I see this is no longer true. As a Saturn sales consultant it pains me to hear these tales. Know that you don't have to take it! Most people are so used to shoddy treatment when they purchase a vehicle that anything nicer than spitting on your shoe is considered good treatment.
If you don't feel respected by your retailer you should definitely complain with your voice and your letter-writing skills to the Dealer/Owner/General Manager. The ones higher up the chain have more at stake than the front line sales staff.

If you do not receive satisfaction for your efforts, you can then complain with your wallet by spending your hard-earned money at another store or at least a different sales consultant.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
Once upon a time you had to go through a very rigorous process to become a part of the organization known as Saturn...

More and more I see this is no longer true. As a Saturn sales consultant it pains me to hear these tales. Know that you don't have to take it! Most people are so used to shoddy treatment when they purchase a vehicle that anything nicer than spitting on your shoe is considered good treatment.
If you don't feel respected by your retailer you should definitely complain with your voice and your letter-writing skills to the Dealer/Owner/General Manager. The ones higher up the chain have more at stake than the front line sales staff.

If you do not receive satisfaction for your efforts, you can then complain with your wallet by spending your hard-earned money at another store or at least a different sales consultant.
AMEN!!! I have been dealing with the same Saturn salesman for 10 years, and he has always been kind and curteous, now i find out he is about to retire and may not be there when the Sky arrives... He is the one that took my deposit and wrote the sales contract for me... I am glad I got the sales manager's signature on it too, because some of the other sales people there are very pushy and not nearly as nice..

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
As I mentioned on another thread, I am having some back and forth issues with my sales representative and his sales manager. I am hoping to sit down with both of them on Thursday and have everything worked out and in writing. Then I can sit back and wait on my beautiful Sky to arrive. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update On Dealer!

HERE'S THE UPDATE:

I called the SATURN customer service line and had a GREAT representitive take all my info and she asked me some questions and said I will get back with you by 5:00 today....10 minutes :D later i got a return phone call! She said she spoke with the sales rep and the Gm and they said they are no longer taking a list BUT they will honor the 3 that they have with a DEPOSIT!

I said "what does this mean"? She said: You will receive the 3rd car at that dealership and also if I had a problem, our call has been documented with a case number and I should call her back!

WOW! :cheers: This person has completely has changed my attitude with SATURN! I still will beleive it when I'm driving it, but hey, she said I am on a list!!! (I GUESS THERE IS A LIST?)

So if you can get a receipt on a deposit...it sounds like SATURN is looking at this as a written agreement with a customer!

·
Registered
304 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
HERE'S THE UPDATE:

I called the SATURN customer service line and had a GREAT representitive take all my info and she asked me some questions and said I will get back with you by 5:00 today....10 minutes :D later i got a return phone call! She said she spoke with the sales rep and the Gm and they said they are no longer taking a list BUT they will honor the 3 that they have with a DEPOSIT!

I said "what does this mean"? She said: You will receive the 3rd car at that dealership and also if I had a problem, our call has been documented with a case number and I should call her back!

WOW! :cheers: This person has completely has changed my attitude with SATURN! I still will beleive it when I'm driving it, but hey, she said I am on a list!!! (I GUESS THERE IS A LIST?)

So if you can get a receipt on a deposit...it sounds like SATURN is looking at this as a written agreement with a customer!
What is puzzling is why the dealers don't want to start a list - unless they fear people will be trying to get on 6 or 7 lists and take the first car they can get, leaving the dealers with cars they, what , can't sell? Doubt it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
achieftain said:
What is puzzling is why the dealers don't want to start a list - unless they fear people will be trying to get on 6 or 7 lists and take the first car they can get, leaving the dealers with cars they, what , can't sell? Doubt it.
As mentioned on another thread, i left my deposit have a documented receipt and my money is refundable. Fortunately for me all of the salesmanagers are aware of this as my regular salesman was in the middle of selling a car and two other salesman asked if they could take my deposit for me. (with the permission of my salesman, of course). These people are Top-Notch. *****MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE & MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RECEIPT IS SIGNED****** :willy:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sky_line said:
As mentioned on another thread, i left my deposit have a documented receipt and my money is refundable. Fortunately for me all of the salesmanagers are aware of this as my regular salesman was in the middle of selling a car and two other salesman asked if they could take my deposit for me. (with the permission of my salesman, of course). These people are Top-Notch. *****MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE & MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RECEIPT IS SIGNED****** :willy:
I believe you are right...the customer service rep had me read everything on my order form and she asked me if it was signed...and it was! I think that's what locked me in for the car! MAKE SURE IT IS SIGNED WITH A DEPOSIT!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Deposit?

I have visited my dealership quite a few times asking about deposits, list, etc. I am signed up at the Saturn site and getting official updates, but they won't take my money and won't put anything in writing, yet. I can only hope they are true to their word regarding my 'place' in line. I am jealous of you who have positions secured in some way. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The VUE Nightmare!!!

achieftain said:
I think the reason some dealers are not taking any money from customer for the Sky is because back when the Vue was coming out they had taken a ton of deposits and the Vue was delayed time after time and they do not want to loose out on customer by making them mad, especially with the Sky being a limited production vehicle from the start. I know that here in the Store I work for they had many mad customer that where waiting for the Vue month after month until it finally got here.

There is no excuse to what that Dealership tryied to do after you had already put a deposit down. We already have 9 Deposits for our 15 Calendar Year Allocation.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sky Dealer said:
I think the reason some dealers are not taking any money from customer for the Sky is because back when the Vue was coming out they had taken a ton of deposits and the Vue was delayed time after time and they do not want to loose out on customer by making them mad, especially with the Sky being a limited production vehicle from the start. I know that here in the Store I work for they had many mad customer that where waiting for the Vue month after month until it finally got here.

There is no excuse to what that Dealership tryied to do after you had already put a deposit down. We already have 9 Deposits for our 15 Calendar Year Allocation.

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Thanks Sky Dealer! I am glad that the customer service was so helpful!! I guess that is there job, but often it can be a tough job! I am thankful for getting me to where I at least know where I stand! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Thanks Sky Dealer! I am glad that the customer service was so helpful!! I guess that is there job, but often it can be a tough job! I am thankful for getting me to where I at least know where I stand! :)
Not to worry, Friend...It's sure to work out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts