Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Delnari said:
Man do I miss it too! The only thing that keeps me at ease is that I will get to drive a V8 powered Sky in it's place. Mallett is busy tearing that Solstice apart and putting different combinations of engines and parts in it. I'm trying to keep everyone up to date on his progress, and hope to have real pictures soon.

I should have known better then to spout off about the gas prices. I seem to forget that people are getting hurt by them. Hopefully this crisis will pass and we can get back to dreaming of getting our new Skies! :cheers:
amen to that.. :cheers: (when can I drive your v8 sky buddie) I'd drive anywhere for a ride in that beast

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sky4christ said:
your talking to the person that gave his solstice to malett, :brentil: thats my envy comming in. but hey I totally respect that delnari man I wish I could get a v8 roadster. Sorry sky captian I think your barking up the wrong tree. but I agree about gas, I hear that there is a possibility that they will be rationing it. I'm getting a freakin bike and keeping my sky for looks only I can look at
I wasn't the one barking...

And I will point out, again, that I could afford the extra money, just not willing to give up the other things in life I would use that money for. Like my own 3800 supercharged Sky...

For the record, you're talking to the guy who does his own swaps.

·
Registered
750 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
I wasn't the one barking...

And I will point out, again, that I could afford the extra money, just not willing to give up the other things in life I would use that money for. Like my own 3800 supercharged Sky...

For the record, you're talking to the guy who does his own swaps.
I wasn't bashin you though. I'm gettin killed by the gas (plus we are running out of gas down here its killing me I'm gonna have to get a bike. but man you can do my swap. I got my prelude engine swaped out (my uncle did it) but I have mad respect for you too man swaps aint easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How does $7 sound then?

You think you've got it bad there? Here in the UK gas is charged per liter - there are 3.785 of those to your gallon - and the price has just gone past the £1 per liter mark. That works out to $7 a gallon. That's costing me about $100 to fill the tank of my Subaru Impreza Turbo.

Credit card melting or what?

·
Registered
554 Posts
rarinrob said:
You think you've got it bad there? Here in the UK gas is charged per liter - there are 3.785 of those to your gallon - and the price has just gone past the £1 per liter mark. That works out to $7 a gallon. That's costing me about $100 to fill the tank of my Subaru Impreza Turbo.

Credit card melting or what?
I can understand how that can really hurt. The weather has been dry and cool here lately, so I'm using the high price of gas as an excuse to drive my bike into work now. The wife knows it's a poor excuse, but she isn't stopping me either. I know, we all can drive motorcycles to work and leave our cars for the more important duties.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
What really urks me is the fact that one afternoon the gas station around the corner has gas for $2.49 p/g and the next morning that same gas is going for $3.09 p/g WTF??? :brentil: :mad: :brentil: How you figure the gas in your storage tanks go up $0.60 p/g overnight and you (gas station owner) have not had to pay any more for it??? :banghead: :willy: :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
What really urks me is the fact that one afternoon the gas station around the corner has gas for $2.49 p/g and the next morning that same gas is going for $3.09 p/g WTF??? :brentil: :mad: :brentil: How you figure the gas in your storage tanks go up $0.60 p/g overnight and you (gas station owner) have not had to pay any more for it??? :banghead: :willy: :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Becasue they go by the market, and somewhere there is a gas station that had to refill that day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The fact is oil is in limited supply and production will peak within the next 10-20 years. After that, you can expect oil prices to reach uncharted territory, and just keep going up.

Hopefully fuel cell technology will be affordable enough by then to ween us off OPEC's teet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
arm1tage said:
The fact is oil is in limited supply and production will peak within the next 10-20 years. After that, you can expect oil prices to reach uncharted territory, and just keep going up.

Hopefully fuel cell technology will be affordable enough by then to ween us off OPEC's teet.
There is TONS of Oil under the Ocean, these reports of Oil being limited are those in easy to access locations (for example on land). The world is not going to run out of Oil for a LONG time, weather or not we can get to the Oil that exists is going to be the question. With more difficult drilling locations raising operation costs and thus prices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not So bad?

rick112 said:
The people in power have come to realize that no matter what price they set gas at YOU will pay for it.

But remember this.

What ever we are paying here in North America is nothing compaired to world price. The Europen price is almost double what we pay.

I live in Canada and pay more than you do. Our governments tax the hell out of gas. And CANADA is a major exporter of oil. Canada has perhaps the largest reserves of OIL in the world.

Look for prices to go up at least another 30-50% in the coming weeks. Especially with what has happened in the Gulf of Mexico.
I can remember when I was building mussel cars in the late 60s hearing people say if gass hit 50cents a gallon they would walk and quit driving. We were paying 25 cents at that time. Now I would be happy with $1.50 a gallon. As my income has not incread 100 to 150 times what I was makeing then. But I am sure we will all live through it and come up with a way to make things work we always have and will. Just enjoy what you have and dream about what you want and go after it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, since gas is only 10 times as much as it was back then...

Some of the price increase really is because the price of gas didn't keep up with the rate of inflation over the past 30 years. Not all of it, but some of it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts