Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I just bought a 2007 Sky base and i noticed that the gas cap cover was not laying flat. When i looked at it the gas tank filler cup is not seating . i tried pushing it in but it keeps popping out. Has anyone had a similar issue? Or has any idea how to fix it?

Thanks
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same issue on our 2008 when we bought it in 2020. The fix was to remove the screws holding the cowl around the cap, then opening up the trunk and pulling the carpet. Next unscrew the access panel above the gas tank, loosen the filler neck clamp at the gas tank and then slide back the filler neck the 1/4” or so. You may need to twist it while you slide it back. Retighten the clamp and then reverse steps for everything else any you’re good to go. No idea why this happens, but that was the fix for me.
Thanks for the post. Is there any particular Got ya's on removing the trunk liner or working with the filler neck clamp?
Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to get to filler neck hose clamp but it was just to hard to get to. I was thinking removing the hose that connects to the gas tank off and pulling out the whole tube assembly and then adjusting the clamp closes to where the gas cap goes and then putting back on the tank.
Can you think of any problems that might cause because it seems to me like a logical approach.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts