Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the biggest poster around here so not too many folks know that I have been waiting for a SKY Redline since April. I was "#1 on the list" at the Saturn retailer I work for as a sales consultant and was really looking forward to this thing.
IT started months, nay, even years ago when I first saw the VX Lightning concept and heard the fateful words regarding the Solstice "starting under $20,000"

Since then, the SKY was finally released- starting at about $23,500, then increased to $24K and now $25K.

Between the time Saturn announced the pricing for the SKY Redline and actually having them to purchase they raised the price $1000.

Now my wallet is starting to hurt! The impractical fun car is going to cost me over $30K and I can't even go to the store with it?

Starting to get frustrated with Saturn and my dealer (didn't offer me any better deal for working here) so I started looking around at other options.

Long story short, I found the perfect substitute- A 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 6-speed for over $6000 less- almost $9000 less than the retail book. I couldn't resist- I bought it. I wouldn't have considered a new one because they are $40K+ but this was right up my alley and it came with all the stuff that I wish the SKY had, including a REAL TRUNK- 7cu. ft with the top DOWN.
Speaking of the top- it's power operated by 1 button up or down.

I only hope those that continue to wait will be at least as satisfied with their Redline SKYs as I am with the Bimmer!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I'm not the biggest poster around here so not too many folks know that I have been waiting for a SKY Redline since April. I was "#1 on the list" at the Saturn retailer I work for as a sales consultant and was really looking forward to this thing.
IT started months, nay, even years ago when I first saw the VX Lightning concept and heard the fateful words regarding the Solstice "starting under $20,000"

Since then, the SKY was finally released- starting at about $23,500, then increased to $24K and now $25K.

Between the time Saturn announced the pricing for the SKY Redline and actually having them to purchase they raised the price $1000.

Now my wallet is starting to hurt! The impractical fun car is going to cost me over $30K and I can't even go to the store with it?

Starting to get frustrated with Saturn and my dealer (didn't offer me any better deal for working here) so I started looking around at other options.

Long story short, I found the perfect substitute- A 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 6-speed for over $6000 less- almost $9000 less than the retail book. I couldn't resist- I bought it. I wouldn't have considered a new one because they are $40K+ but this was right up my alley and it came with all the stuff that I wish the SKY had, including a REAL TRUNK- 7cu. ft with the top DOWN.
Speaking of the top- it's power operated by 1 button up or down.

I only hope those that continue to wait will be at least as satisfied with their Redline SKYs as I am with the Bimmer!
Don't worry man, you got a nice car. Maybe in a few years you'll be picking up a redline anyway. Good luck with the new car bud! :thumbs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sorry you had to go with something else - but congrats on a great car!

Z3 was my dream car - but sticker was way too high for me - that's why the Sky was so attractive.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You sell saturns and you ditched out on the RL when you were #1 on the list???!!!

Weak man...real weak.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ha, ha, ha..... Too Funny

:lol: I love the violin playing man. Too, too funny. Good luck with the car. Nice, but the Sky is not like anything out there. Just my opinion.:rolleyes:
Theresa

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You must change your name then. :lol:
YA I thought about that... It's still 89% GM cars there tho!

And.. #1 on the list doesn't mean Jack when your owner won't even attempt to put in a preliminary order for fear of losing the ability to load up a car and make an extra couple $$$ on accessories. Their loss, my gain. I still can't wait to drive one at the ride & drive tho.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dang it!!!!! I sure wish I had been number two at your dealer. You certainly made somebody really, really happy. I am hoping number 1 and 2 at my dealer buy Z4's also !!! Have fun with your roadster.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is one of my favorite reasons I work for Saturn. It's not so much about the cars- the customers are the BEST!

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is one of my favorite reasons I work for Saturn. It's not so much about the cars- the customers are the BEST!
ahhh that is so nice. We need to see pics of all your cars :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts