Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick story:
A crowd started forming around my sky at work today. Not around the car but around the pictures of the car I had hanging on my office wall!! I won’t have my sky for another year, so I’ve decorated my office with photos to compensate. People walking by my office stepped in to see what was getting all the attention, and the comments started flowing: “I can’t believe that’s a Saturn!” … “That looks like about a $100k car, how much does it cost?” “Man, that is one HOT car” “that is beautiful”…”that is one NICE ride!”… and so on and so forth. I’d like to see their reaction when they see the real thing… or better yet ride in it!

To those of you who have your skys already, keep on sharing your stories about people gawking b.c its so much fun to read for those of us waiting. And for those of you still waiting, print out big pics of your sky and hang them on your walls. It will make you smile every time you walk past.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I too have a SKY shrine in my office .. :thumbs:

It helps me to realize this whole high for a car, and this wait, is not a dream but a cruel method of mind control by GM. :eek:

Enest ... where are you? Take me away to the funny farm HEE HAAA HEEE !

:jester:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Here's a good one... I was stopped at an intersection one day when a woman carrying a baby, perhaps 6 months old, crossed the street in front of me. The baby almost twisted its head off looking at my yellow Sky.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I put pictures of my Sky, well, the ones I cut out of the sales brochures I got every time I went to my Saturn dealer to look at the Sky, all over my office and my boss made everyone in both of our office buildings do it. Not put pictures of a Sky up, but put pictures of their goals for the year up on their walls and doors. Mine is to have made enough bonus money to have my Redline paid in full with it by the time it arrives. By having it on the walls and on my door where I can see it, I will have hit my goal by the end of November, just three months after placing my order. What a motivator!!!:thumbs::willy: :crazy: :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I didn't go that extreme, I have a beautiful picture of a silver pearl sky as my wallpaper on my office PC, a different picture of a silver pearl as the wallpaper on my home PC, a picture of a silver pearl as the wallpaper on my PDA and still yet another as the wallpaper on my cell phone. I am feeling soewhat guilty about it though because in each of these cases I replaced the pictures of my wonderful golden retriever with the picture of a car that he won't even get the chance to drive in. Am I horrible or what?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had Sky wallpaper on my desktop for several months, and I got the same response, but also everyone kept asking me repeatedly when I was getting the car. I got tired of answering that question, so I took it down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had Sky wallpaper on my desktop for several months, and I got the same response, but also everyone kept asking me repeatedly when I was getting the car. I got tired of answering that question, so I took it down.
I go through the same thing. It's all part of the Graet Sky Waiting Game :willy: so consider putting the picture back up. :thumbs: I also get a kick out of the responses that I get when I tell people how long I have been waiting. Some think it's worth it, others get totally bent out of shape and don't think any car is worth that long of a wait. Little do they know. :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I go through the same thing. It's all part of the Graet Sky Waiting Game :willy: so consider putting the picture back up. :thumbs: I also get a kick out of the responses that I get when I tell people how long I have been waiting. Some think it's worth it, others get totally bent out of shape and don't think any car is worth that long of a wait. Little do they know. :lol:
I had a stock answer for work people who asked:
Did you get it yet
When is it coming
Are you still waiting
You know those kind of questions..
My answer:
You will know when I get it -- 'cause I won't BE HERE!:lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great answer!

I had a picture on my screen saver at work and everyone kept asking when it was going to come. I think they were almost as excited as I was and they lined up for rides the first day I drove it to work. Some of them still make excuses so we can take a quick trip in the new car.

I do have to say that I was really surprised at the amount of attention that this car draws - wow!! Every where that I go people ask questions and tell me how much they love the looks.:thumbs:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I told everyone at work that it was going to be next spring before my SKY arrived (so they wouldn't bother me as much), then surprised the H*** out of them yesterday when I drove it to work. I still didn't say anything...just parked it downtown near my office and went inside. Then people started to ask if I'd noticed the beautiful black SKY outside....at that point I had to give in and tell them it was mine, and there was a stampede of 20 people who headed out to surround it. Poor thing was covered with fingerprints and drool after that.

I left it outside where I could see it from my 3rd floor window, and noticed several people (not co-workers) looking at it throughout the day. Whenever someone got too close to it, I just pointed the fob out the window and hit the alarm.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I told everyone at work that it was going to be next spring before my SKY arrived (so they wouldn't bother me as much), then surprised the H*** out of them yesterday when I drove it to work. I still didn't say anything...just parked it downtown near my office and went inside. Then people started to ask if I'd noticed the beautiful black SKY outside....at that point I had to give in and tell them it was mine, and there was a stampede of 20 people who headed out to surround it. Poor thing was covered with fingerprints and drool after that.

I left it outside where I could see it from my 3rd floor window, and noticed several people (not co-workers) looking at it throughout the day. Whenever someone got too close to it, I just pointed the fob out the window and hit the alarm.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hit the alarm! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a picture of myself at the wheel of my Sky on my computer.:cool: A co-worker asked me what the **** are you doing in a $100,000 car.:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Likewise, but even w/ it gone I still get the question.

I have a picture of myself at the wheel of my Sky on my computer.:cool: A co-worker asked me what the **** are you doing in a $100,000 car.:D
Stole it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
My answer: You will know when I get it -- 'cause I won't BE HERE!
That's a great quote! Wouldn't really work for me, since I'm already not in the office most of the time.

I'll probably put pictures back up eventually. I got tired of seeing the same RL pictures over and over, but now that they're being delivered (sorta) there will be more choices. I tend to change my wallpaper on a weekly basis cause I get tired of it so quickly.

Right now I'm sporting my college football team cause I want to talk about that. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I didn't go that extreme, I have a beautiful picture of a silver pearl sky as my wallpaper on my office PC, a different picture of a silver pearl as the wallpaper on my home PC, a picture of a silver pearl as the wallpaper on my PDA and still yet another as the wallpaper on my cell phone. I am feeling soewhat guilty about it though because in each of these cases I replaced the pictures of my wonderful golden retriever with the picture of a car that he won't even get the chance to drive in. Am I horrible or what?
Actually, you are not terrible; however, if you had said that you displaced one of your children, now that would be terrible!!!! You just keep that Sky in your sights! :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last week our Sky caused it's first fender bender. A guy was looking so hard, turning his head at our Sky, that he ran into the back of the person in front of him. OOOOPS

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am sure everyone in the waiting line have pictures of their color of Sky they have on order to have a little fix when the waiting gets tedious. The pictures also bring the predictable questions which are hard to answer...except in most cases...the answer is...When it gets here! There is a die cast model of the Solstice...wish there was one of the Sky and/or Sky RL. That, placed stratigically, would get even more rave coments and questions.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts