Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm going to clean my intake valves, I don't think any of the chemical treatments work that well, so I'm going to do the walnut blast. I have seen some of the threads that have been done on the subject (thanks WifesGXP!). I'm asking if anybody has come up with a really good way? I am thinking that he did it with the most basic of tools and did a really good job. Has anyone any different to add? Also, I was wondering how many owners have done this procedure themselves?

My cars is in storage until May, so thought what better time to do it. Appreciate any feedback. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
The chemical treatments won't work unless you introduce them through the intake track (like Seafoam) since the GDI engine won't pass fuel over the intake valves.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chemical treatments won't work unless you introduce them through the intake track (like Seafoam) since the GDI engine won't pass fuel over the intake valves.
Agreed, I looked into this and thought that this is the best route to go. Saw an excellent video of a 335i engine being done. Had an adopter for the valve hole, seemed to work quickly enough. I'll probably buy the cheap 18 oz hopper feed and use it. I just don't know if walnut shell will go through it.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
My understanding of the Walnut Shell method is it is similar to sand blasting but uses walnut shells instead of sand (or beads). I haven't looked into it all that much so I'd be interested to know if the walnut shell method you're talking about is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts