Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you have heard this from me many many times, so I thought I would put in it's own thread.....

When you put down your deposit GET IT IN WRITING that you will only pay MSRP or less... If you do not get this in writing you have nobody to blame but yourself it they try to upcharge you...

So people that have put down deposits and did not get it in writing,
QUITYERBELLYACHIN and get your deposit back and go to another dealer and do it right this time....

ok I will stop :deadhorse .. Please people just use some common sense...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
azote said:
i'll try to do this tomorrow :banghead:
Good for you.
I have learned from many years dealing with car salespeople you never take anything at just their word for it... Always get it in writing.. I know there are some honest dealers out there, I have one myself, and if they are honest they will not object to putting it in writing... If they balk at it or refuse, then go somewhere else....

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
When you put down your deposit GET IT IN WRITING that you will only pay MSRP or less...
sung to: House of the Rising Sun.

:nopity:
There is a Dealer in SF Valley
Called the House of the Over Charged Sky
Many young men and women have lost there dreams
Lord I know I'm one.

I walked in with Five Big Ones
Gave it, agreement not made
Now they want to charge me
5K over MSRP

Mothers tell your children
To always get it in writing
That you will not pay over MSRP!
Or lose your dreams like me.

Me:smash: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richmcc said:
sung to: House of the Rising Sun.

:nopity:
There is a Dealer in SF Valley
Called the House of the Over Charged Sky
Many young men and women have lost there dreams
Lord I know I'm one.

I walked in with Five Big Ones
Gave it, agreement not made
Now they want to charge me
5K over MSRP

Mothers tell your children
To always get it in writing
That you will not pay over MSRP!
Or lose your dreams like me.

Me:smash: :banghead:
LOL good one :cheers:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Does having an e-mail count?

Well, my dealer would not accept any deposits for the SKY (I offered in August & in November!), nor did they create an "official" list (each salesperson was responsible for keeping a list of customers interested in the SKY; I took it one step further and got the Sales Manager's e-mail too). The manager will order my car as soon as the automatic becomes available, at which point I'll go in to review the paperwork and then leave my deposit. Never has the topic of "dealer upcharging" come up; I've been very worried lately reading about other's demise with their dealerships. So to end the speculation, I e-mailed the manager this morning and he replied saying that while Saturn dealers are allowed to price at their own discretion, he will NOT be selling above MSRP and will honor any GM employee programs that are allowed by GM at the time of delivery (my wife's company entitles us to GM Supplier Price). That e-mail will be printed out, lamentated, and saved in my safe until the day I take delivery!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My dealer told me that my deposit is refundable, at least that way if there is any devious behaviour on the part of the dealer, which I find unlikely with them, I can just walk away.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question

Does anyone know-

Is the dealer required to sell me the car I ordered for the price he listed out on the factory order I signed?

I think he may have made a mistake in my favor - can he correct this later if he chooses to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts