Saturn Sky Forum banner

Get off my dash!!!!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  brentil 
#1 ·
Sky Family, its getting warmer and soon it will hotter than you know what. I'm in search of a custom fit sun shade and/or dash cover. Anyone in California, Texas, Nevada, Florida, or New Mexico knows what I'm talking about. If your dealer has either/or in stock-- please pm me. I want no cracks or dashboard discoloration with this vehicle. If its worth having, then its worth protecting:thumbs:

#2 ·
Window Shade?

I don't know about dash covers, but I believe Kappasphere is selling a custom sun shade for our beloved SKY. I bought one last week and it will arrive today. I'll post pictures of it on my sky if you'd like to see how it looks!

#3 ·
Magna Sky said:
I don't know about dash covers, but I believe Kappasphere is selling a custom sun shade for our beloved SKY. I bought one last week and it will arrive today. I'll post pictures of it on my sky if you'd like to see how it looks!
Yes, please do post pics...I'm interested in seeing it on the Sky. Thanks! :thumbs:

#5 ·
I always use the screen/shade that you put in your windshield when you park. :cool: Find that not only keeps the temperature down, but also does a real good job of protecting the dash.:thumbs: Now, if only I could get my wife to use it in her car!:banghead:

#6 ·
You cant survive in Florida without a sunscreen. Try and grab a hold of a steering wheel in the middle of July in Florida without a screen :nono: and you will not do it twice. Trust me. They need to be custom cut and the folding type. Not the roll type. The cheap WalMart roll ones do not have enough self support and will sag. The real good ones usually go for $30-40$.

#8 ·
dmbdlatc said:
If you get one, where do you keep it in the car when NOT in use?
Use it for a floor mat !! :lol:

Sams club sells a 2 pack of folding silver reflective sun shades (the back side comes in different colors, the silver matches my silver pearl sky) These are held on with suction cups in the corners. The smaller size fits the Sky well and the 2 pack is only $4. !!

#9 ·
Way2Fast said:
Use it for a floor mat !! :lol:

Sams club sells a 2 pack of folding silver reflective sun shades (the back side comes in different colors, the silver matches my silver pearl sky) These are held on with suction cups in the corners. The smaller size fits the Sky well and the 2 pack is only $4. !!
Thanks for the tip...a much cheaper alternative. I will be stopping at Sam's this weekend to check it out. :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.