Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a hassle? Has anyone here had to go through it? Did the dealer give you hard time about it? I'm contemplating switching my deposit to another dealer because things are moving a lot quicker at this other dealer than the one I'm with now. What is the most 'tactful' way of going about getting a refund on my deposit? I charged it to my credit card...if that makes a diff. I feel kinda bad about doing it, but if it means getting imaged sooner would you do it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My salesman said it wouldn't have been a problem if I had. He said they knew they wouldn't have a problem selling the SKYs, but I had them put it in writing anyways that my deposit was refundable. I got the impression that it wouldn't be a problem, but fortunately I never encountered the situation. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. I'd just be straight forward with them. Good Luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Unfortunatly I had experience with this because I had to back out of my Sky order (my husband got transfered overseas in the military) I called my dealer explained the situation and had a check in the mail two days later no problem. This would have been my 3rd Saturn in 5 years and I do have to say they do what they say without questions.

Good luck to you and I hope you get the one you want.
Kimmi:)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
nscrbug said:
Is it a hassle? Has anyone here had to go through it? Did the dealer give you hard time about it? I'm contemplating switching my deposit to another dealer because things are moving a lot quicker at this other dealer than the one I'm with now. What is the most 'tactful' way of going about getting a refund on my deposit? I charged it to my credit card...if that makes a diff. I feel kinda bad about doing it, but if it means getting imaged sooner would you do it?
Somehow I think this question is mute! :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
richmcc said:
Somehow I think this question is mute! :D

Yep...INDEED IT IS!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just dont tell them you are going elsewhere.

Some states have laws that let dealer keep deposits.

As for me, I would gladly give you back your deposit unless your order had been accepted and it was a bad combo, if that exists.

Giving back a deposit at the moment would really make me happy:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
No issues but if by chance they give you ****, do a charge back. Basically contact you credit card company (I pray it's not a Sears Mastercard) and explain the situation.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UFC1 said:
No issues but if by chance they give you ****, do a charge back. Basically contact you credit card company (I pray it's not a Sears Mastercard) and explain the situation.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone...but looks like I won't need to get my deposit back...I just learned shortly after I started this thread, that my car was imaged today. :thumbs:

·
Registered
18,508 Posts
My Exact Sky

nscrbug said:
Thanks for all the replies, everyone...but looks like I won't need to get my deposit back...I just learned shortly after I started this thread, that my car was imaged today. :thumbs:
I ordered my SKY on Jan 28th...probably imaged that week or week after and I am still waiting for that machine to be dropped at my dealer...and I am less than 2 hours from the Wilmington Plant....by the way, more bad news for GM. More employees r being layed off....

MarlboroMike
Silver Pear
Black Leather
Chrome Wheels
Monsoon
Automatic

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
marlboromike said:
I ordered my SKY on Jan 28th...probably imaged that week or week after and I am still waiting for that machine to be dropped at my dealer...and I am less than 2 hours from the Wilmington Plant....by the way, more bad news for GM. More employees r being layed off....

MarlboroMike
Silver Pear
Black Leather
Chrome Wheels
Monsoon
Automatic
That sucks about the layoffs. :mad: I realize that I still have a long wait...I'm just happy that my order is in. For right now...I am content with that. :D Sure beats having to wait 3 more months JUST to get my image in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts