Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a special way to slide into your SKY??
Over time this is the entry I developed:
Open door; Step in with my right leg while grabbing the steering wheel. I slide onto the seat -- balancing on my right leg and my butt about 1/2 way up the seatback. Then as my left leg enters - I slide down into the car. No knee bangs -- no grunt or groans. All done in one, fluid motion. Even got a hand from a few people at the last Auto Show for the smooth entry.:thumbs:

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
I believe we have come to a point in this forum that goes nowhere...next we will be instructed on pulling down a zipper....do u get my point? :banghead:

·
Registered
420 Posts
:lol:

Yea this ain't exactly a Lotus Elise, where you have to do some amount of gymnastics to get in & out.

My ingress & egress for the Sky is normal, just like any other car.

Here is my process:

1. Open door
2. Right leg in
3. Sit down
4. Left leg in
5. Close door

:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After watching so many people getting into (and out of) the SKY, I don't think too many would think it was THAT easy.
However, the slide over, drop in, technique is a lot easier, and more fun, than steps 1-5 SUNNY-SKY indicates...

What method of Key-turn do you use... :)D )

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rick, sounds like the same way I do it. There are times instead of the steering wheel I hold onto the windshield at the top corner.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Open door; Step in with my right leg while grabbing the steering wheel. I slide onto the seat -- balancing on my right leg and my butt about 1/2 way up the seatback. Then as my left leg enters - I slide down into the car. No knee bangs -- no grunt or groans. All done in one, fluid motion. Even got a hand from a few people at the last Auto Show for the smooth entry.:thumbs:
:agree: :agree: :agree: It works for me!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Butt first and spin.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try that in a skirt!::skep:
. o O (And slowly, to music.... Use the steering wheel like a pole dancer...:cool: Oh, wait -:eek: - Did I post this in a open thread??:confused:)

:nono:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Butt first and spin.
Acually this is the correct way to get into any vehicle acording to my (back cracker) chiropractor.

you put your back to the seat sit down and turn in and you should also do the same when exiting your vehicle. so that you do not twist your back and hurt yourself. (quoted from my back cracker)

·
Registered
994 Posts
You put your right foot in...u put your right foot out...do the hokkie pokkie and turn yourself around....get my point :lol:
That was too funny:lol: :lol: :lol: Perfect response.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Acually this is the correct way to get into any vehicle acording to my (back cracker) chiropractor.
And the only way to do it after getting a hernia repair done (sucks, I don't recommend them). Just make sure you have nothing in your back pocket that may scratch something (or the little buttons on the back of some jeans if your car is scratch prone).

·
Registered
669 Posts
ok...with the top down:

Both feet in and then slide down the seat.

or if I'm in a real hurry...just jump over the door without opening. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts

You too must be a big guy. :cheers:

I learned this method quick.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts