Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a tall person on how to get in?

I saw my first Sky last night and I seem to **just** fit in. I had to almost stand and then slide down to be able to fit. Once I do this I fit but take up almost every inch -- knees almost in the dash. AAAAARGH.

If I try to just sit in it unfortunately my knees won't fit under the wheel unless I put my feet _behind_ the pedals. I'm only 6' 3" and I've heard other people this tall fitting on these forums. Am I doing something wrong? The seat was in it's full upright position pushed all the way back and the steering wheel was pushed all the way up.

I'm off to search Google on how to shrink yourself.... ;)

Joseph

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
USFJoseph said:
Any suggestions for a tall person on how to get in?

I saw my first Sky last night and I seem to **just** fit in. I had to almost stand and then slide down to be able to fit. Once I do this I fit but take up almost every inch -- knees almost in the dash. AAAAARGH.

If I try to just sit in it unfortunately my knees won't fit under the wheel unless I put my feet _behind_ the pedals. I'm only 6' 3" and I've heard other people this tall fitting on these forums. Am I doing something wrong? The seat was in it's full upright position pushed all the way back and the steering wheel was pushed all the way up.

I'm off to search Google on how to shrink yourself.... ;)

Joseph
Well for some reason people assume if you are the same height your legs are all the same length, but that is not true, you can have long legs and a short torso or vice versa... but that is just how it is, what inseam pants do you wear compared to others the same height on here that say they fit, I doubt you know because nobody seems to consider that...
I would think if you had the seat all the way back and it in the full upright position, you will not have any more room. Sorry but that is all the help I can give... You can always have some of your legbone taken out and have yourself shortened by a few inches .... Just joking...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am 6 feet, and it is tight for me too, but manageable. To get the seat farther back, I brought the back of the seat more upright. With limited space behind it, you can either have the seat all the way back on the track, and the seat back straight up, or recline a bit, but with the seat slid forward a notch or two. It will probably take a bit to find the "perfect" setting. :cool:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I would check and make sure the seat is ALL The way back... move the seat to its upright positiona nd then slide it all the way back and after that adjust it. I would also make sure the steering wheel has not been adjusted to a lower level. I think it will take some getting used to, but in a month or so you will probably be whipping yourself right in once you are familiar with the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My husband is 6ft tall and seems to get in the SKY ok. It's a bit snug. He's still having a hard time ducking his head into it and hits the top from time to time, but he's gotten better with practice. He can't get into the driver seat unless the seat is all the way back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Man oh Man. I have never been so glad that I am 5'3. I sat in the dealers demo and it felt like it had been made just for me. I can see all of the guages and the steering wheel is perfect. On the other hand, I have a daughter who is way taller than I am and when we sit next to each other we look about the same height. She is all legs. Guess she won't want to be driving my sky. My SC2 has to be all the way back and slanted back for her to drive it. Just one less person I'll have to refuse to drive it. LOL:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Of topic ? but was interested when I read, the seat was in it's upright position. I didn't know the seat was adjustable other then the seat moving on the slider. Can you change the angle that the back of the seat sits?

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
I sat in the dealers demo and it felt like it had been made just for me.
They make a car for THOSE pants? :jester:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I am 6 foot and about 210 pounds and the car felt fine to me, at least the auto version. I usually wind up pushing a seat all the back and on this one it felt like I might want it up one more notch. Will have to see when I get mine with a standard.

·
Registered
438 Posts
UFC1 said:
Of topic ? but was interested when I read, the seat was in it's upright position. I didn't know the seat was adjustable other then the seat moving on the slider. Can you change the angle that the back of the seat sits?

Thanks

Yes, little round knob on the side adjust the back up and down.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Solstice

I have not been able to get into a Sky yet - but sat in both an automatic and a manual Solstice at an auto show - I am 6' and 195 pounds - 32" inseam - the car felt really good - I did not notice any where that might be uncomfortable - including my knees - and the clutch was smooth without too much effort. I have driven and used to own a Fiero - the only car I havae ever driven comfortable without the seat ALL the way back - and the only problem I had there was some of my size 12 or 13 shows would catch on the underside of stuff like the fuse panel.

One of my brothers was about the same height as me standing but any car we ever both drove had to have the seat at least one notch further forward for him than for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts