Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get my sky, it is traveling now. Because I am a large fella my dealer suggested the suspension upgrade for $2500. I weigh about 250 and my wife is about 110, so it made sense to me but wanted to ask the group here if I should do it.:willy: :cool:

Regards,

Yedra

·
Registered
54 Posts
:eek: :smash: NO !!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Tell the dealer NO I weigh 245 and I have no problem getting in or out with or without oxygen bottle....Skip...:lol: :lol: :lol:No sag on the suspension and you can still put a cart's worth of groceries in the trunk and still have momma sitting pretty in the passenger seat without sag....

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Upgrade

The suspension upgrade does not mean that you can put more weight in the vehicle - the suspension upgrade is supposed to provide better handling under extreme conditions - such as road course racing.

The Red Line includes an upgraded suspension as part of the package - but that is in part to accomdoate the additional torque generated by the Red Line's power train.

If you are concerned about the fact that the supposed limit of passengars and cargo is somethign like 320 pounds - I suggest diet and exercise.

Back in October 2005 my wife and I had a combined weight of 398 pounds - we both have changed our eating habits and have been exercising - as of August 1st our combined weight was 342 (about 55 pounds lost) - our target for this comming October is a combined 326 (I am on track to hit my target, my wife has slipped a bit due largely to very stressful work environment - but we can't do much about that at the moment).

We actually started the challenge before I got hooked on the Sky - but it works out very well that by the time I can afford to get my Sky Red Line (hopefully around April 2007) - we may be around 310 combined.

·
Registered
514 Posts
YedraSky said:
I am about to get my sky, it is traveling now. Because I am a large fella my dealer suggested the suspension upgrade for $2500. I weigh about 250 and my wife is about 110, so it made sense to me but wanted to ask the group here if I should do it.:willy: :cool:

Regards,

Yedra
That will instantly disqualify you from competing in SCCA stock. If my dealer did that would be a deal breaker, I'm getting this car to race!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am on this same diet. I think it is called the SKY REDLINE DIET PLAN. You think how cool your car will look when you are driving it. Then you think how much better it will look if you lost 50 lbs and really can show it off.
I am hoping my Redline comes around December - March. I plan to be trim and fit for my new SKY!

Lil GTO said:
The suspension upgrade does not mean that you can put more weight in the vehicle - the suspension upgrade is supposed to provide better handling under extreme conditions - such as road course racing.

The Red Line includes an upgraded suspension as part of the package - but that is in part to accomdoate the additional torque generated by the Red Line's power train.

If you are concerned about the fact that the supposed limit of passengars and cargo is somethign like 320 pounds - I suggest diet and exercise.

Back in October 2005 my wife and I had a combined weight of 398 pounds - we both have changed our eating habits and have been exercising - as of August 1st our combined weight was 342 (about 55 pounds lost) - our target for this comming October is a combined 326 (I am on track to hit my target, my wife has slipped a bit due largely to very stressful work environment - but we can't do much about that at the moment).

We actually started the challenge before I got hooked on the Sky - but it works out very well that by the time I can afford to get my Sky Red Line (hopefully around April 2007) - we may be around 310 combined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts