Saturn Sky Forum banner

Getting Slow Around Here?

828 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnD 
#1 ·
Is it just me, or has this site gotten slow just like the amount of manual transmission RLs coming out of the factory? :banghead:

#2 ·
I don't think it's "slow" exactly. I think more folks got their Sky's and are out and about now that they aren't waiting around like me. I would epect as the 2007's finish off being built there will be a whole new tone to the forum. Everything evolves even forums:lol: .
I see the changes now and again as the areas in the US and Canada start to come together, Can't stand the wait for my chance to join in.

#3 ·
Maybe I should have said something other then "this site". I don't know that the site itself is getting slow. I mean, with people like Deluke, Pitcom, Ahnuld, and Ernest, the site is doing very well. They have been "literally" doing spy work at the plant to get us some RL photos. But it looks like only a scant few will get their RLs soon. Take for instance, my man Ernest has gotten a base sky and will already have his RL sometime this month or early next month, while I have been waiting for the RL since I put my $1000 down back in August of last year. I still haven't gotten the call to order because manuals are constrained and my dealer has stopped returning phone calls because there is no new information. Don't get me wrong, I am not angry, I'm just displeased and need someplace to whine. There, my wine is over.

Maybe I need to take break from sky stuff for a few weeks, until the dealer calls......:rolleyes:

#5 ·
Slow? Slow is having your dealership call you and ask if you have any updates on your Sky yet?! He just got off the phone after calling ME and I swear that's what he asked me. I have to ask myself if it's really ossible they have no clue at all. Hope they have a sign that says "Breath in - Breath out" or they're liable to keel over.

#6 ·
Not slow

There are so many of us still waiting to recieve our Skys. Remember when you were just a little child at christmas and you were so anxious that you just couldn't even think about it anymore. Well, that's the way the rest of us who haven't received our Skys feel. We can't bear it, so we can't always check the website. I still read every review (and some of them are negative), but I still don't post because I don't care how much mud you throw about this car, it is the most purely balanced and beautiful car out there in terms of design. I've seen only two Skys on the street since we placed our order back in May; a momentary back view of a silver pearl toward the exit in DC and then another in (yes, folks) Mathias, WV. Will the man in Mathias please stand up. He said the same thing we agree with...we all know this car is not a corvette; won't do 0 to 60 in a couple seconds and you know what, who cares. That's not why I love; truly love this car design. We need clubs (and we'll have them) and this site will help integrate all of that since this is no ordinary vehicle.

The Sky's the limit...my mom always taught me that good things are worth waiting for...

:thumbs:

#7 ·
StarlightSky said:
Slow? Slow is having your dealership call you and ask if you have any updates on your Sky yet?! He just got off the phone after calling ME and I swear that's what he asked me. I have to ask myself if it's really ossible they have no clue at all. Hope they have a sign that says "Breath in - Breath out" or they're liable to keel over.
thats it, let it all out here....I think we will all enjoy the car better if we have to go through a bit of hard times to get it. I agree with you about knowing more then the saleman in most cases. not all the salesman are as cool Sky Spy. My original salesman (which I made famious because I was the first sky sale they had) left soon after I switched my deposit over the Redline. Then I got his partner, who was very nice and I enjoy, but it took me awhile to get to know him as well. Then he left about 3 weeks back and I was not call by anyone. I called for my old salesman, but they said he had gone and hooked me up with another salesman. This guy was nice and seemed to have all the right words, but they were almost too "saleman-ish". I called for an update on the RL an neother he or the GM, who I had a really good relationship with prior, would return my calls. I am only guessing, based on his mumbled words, that the salesman I was passed to, also had a customer waiting on a RL and because there was a constraint on manuals, (remember I was first on the list) I was bumped back and they ordered the first RL for the guy who was second, without telling me, hoping they would get another RL without me noticing. I guess I just hate to see the rd begin to look rocky this late in the game. Atleast I'm not the only one going through it. I can atleast say that this dealer has been selling the Skys for MSRP up to this point, but I was just hoping to have the RL for my wife's B-day in the middle of Sept, at this won't be a possibility.

#8 ·
I think it has slowed down. Some of it is due to cars coming in and people out driving. Vacations and trips might have something to do with it, too. I, for one, am posting less now than at times in the past. Partly because there is nothing new to report, and also partly because expressing opinions here can lead to general unpleasantness.

It would be nice if the forum could just be a place to post your opinion and state what you think. Not to convince others that yours is the only right position and that everybody else must therefore be wrong, but as a place to have a voice so that others can see the diversity of thought.

I, for one, like to see a diversity of opinions. I think that places me in a solid minority. "Tolerance" and "diversity" rarely extend to the arena of ideas these days, and so there is an implied self-censorship requirement that keeps a lot of us from sharing that which we know, or even feel.

It's a pity, but that's the way it is - on this forum as well as in society as a whole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.