Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dealers / Future owners; Please post your order code status. Dealers use the codes for your first ordered cars. Does anyone know if the same option constraints are in place for the Sky as was for the most recent notice for the Solstice posted by Small Dealer?

Weekly Order Constraint Report
Here is the current Dealer Order Cycle Constraints:
(The "%" refers to how many of the available order allocation slots can be equipped with the option/feature in question.)

February 2nd
N87-Standard Painted Wheels: No constraint listed this week.
QF8-Polished Wheels: No constraint listed this week.
PD5-Chromed Wheels: 5%
MX0-5-Speed Automatic Transmission: No constraint listed this week
AZ5-Premium Accoustic Headliner: 0%
UE1-OnStar: 0%

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chip said:
Dealers / Future owners; Please post your order code status. Dealers use the codes for your first ordered cars. Des anyone know if the same option constraints are in place for the Sky as was for the most recent notice for the Solstice posted by Small Dealer?

Weekly Order Constraint Report
Here is the current Dealer Order Cycle Constraints:
(The "%" refers to how many of the available order allocation slots can be equipped with the option/feature in question.)

February 2nd
N87-Standard Painted Wheels: No constraint listed this week.
QF8-Polished Wheels: No constraint listed this week.
PD5-Chromed Wheels: 5%
MX0-5-Speed Automatic Transmission: No constraint listed this week
AZ5-Premium Accoustic Headliner: 0%
UE1-OnStar: 0%
one note, the wheels on the Sky and Solstice are different, so wheel constraints will not effect the other car anyway.
see picture,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the acoustic headliner standard on the sky? can't really be a constraint if its standard versus an option.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the acoustic headliner standard on the sky? can't really be a constraint if its standard versus an option.
I guess that's the point. If an optional item is not available for the Sol.... Will it be available for the Sky? Everyone needs to know about order restraints. If you specify something on your car and it's not available, your car will not be picked up for production. At least that is what I understood to be true. Is this correct?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The acoustic headliner along with OnStar are standard in the SKY. Therefore, there is no SKY constraint on these items. Not sure why this is true for Solstice.

Not sure on wheels.

Good to see no constraints on auto trans on Solstice - it must be open for SKY as well.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya, thats how I understand it also but the impact for a 'standard" item would be different than an optional one. If an optional item is constrained, then they just don't process those cars that have ordered with that option but they continue building the cars that don't have that constrained option selected. so cars are still coming off the line, when they finally get that optioned part in, then they would go back and continue building the cars that were put on hold. production never stops, just gets delayed for some people.

if a standard item is constrained then that means they would have to stop production of all cars. the line would be shut down until they get that standard item in. I'm not saying that this does or does not happen cause I don't know... I'm just saying that the impact to them is much greater if they run out of a standard part.
You would think that they would put more emphasis on making sure they have enough "standard" parts to keep production moving, if it were me I would "steal" from the solstice bin and give to the sky production line if I had to, just to keep both lines moving. Unfortunately, that would mean some solstice people would have to wait but from a business perspective, at least both lines are still running.

will kinda make you wonder if (when the sky starts production) if you see a constraint on a solstice (like acoustic headliner) but you see it coming in the skys. Probably not going to make very many solstice ppl happy.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yes, your should be rejected at the dealer when he orders off his image. I know at first I wanted the automatic, we put it in the system, and it immediately rejected it. Changed to the 5spd & bingo right on into the system. Looking at my order today all my options are still in place, just the TPW was being changed.

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
usmc said:
...will kinda make you wonder if (when the sky starts production) if you see a constraint on a solstice (like acoustic headliner) but you see it coming in the skys. Probably not going to make very many solstice ppl happy.
It will prove to be interesting to see if a given part is in short supply which Division will get priority for it's use. As Frank Perdue once said, "Parts is Parts" but when the parts are car parts and not chicken there may be more of an issue at hand. I would think that for the early production phase that the Sky will get what they need and that the Solstice will take a back seat.(excuse the pun) Let's just hope that the production planners and suppliers do a good job with keeping needed parts available for the production line folks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts