Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting on a fence. :drool:
To one side I have the novel Saturn Sky. On the other I have the BMW Z4.

Like most things in life, there are pluses and minuses either way. I know that the Z4 has been held in high regard when it comes to safety and crash survivablitity. But I find it's interior to be a bit plain, or underwhelming. Conversely I know nothing of the Sky's crash test but love the interior.

:willy: Back and forth I swing between these two cars.

Then I rented a Z4 and found their nifty bluetooth button on the steering wheel. I have a Razr phone with bluetooth. In a nutshell, if my phone rings while I'm driving I can just hit the bluetooth button and it will answer my phone over the radio/speaker system. I NEVER HAVE TO PULL THE PHONE OUT OF MY POCKET! :eek:

:driving: So how about it?
Does any of the premium monsoon systems offer bluetooth tech?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
gtcable said:

Like most things in life, there are pluses and minuses either way. I know that the Z4 has been held in high regard when it comes to safety and crash survivablitity. But I find it's interior to be a bit plain, or underwhelming. Conversely I know nothing of the Sky's crash test but love the interior.

Then I rented a Z4 and found their nifty bluetooth button on the steering wheel. I have a Razr phone with bluetooth. In a nutshell, if my phone rings while I'm driving I can just hit the bluetooth button and it will answer my phone over the radio/speaker system. I NEVER HAVE TO PULL THE PHONE OUT OF MY POCKET! :eek:

first No the monsooon system does not... but you do have the phone option included with OnStar....
how much is a Z4? My son just got one of those bluetooth ear pieces for his Razr phone for 40 bucks... so does a Z4 cost more then 40 bucks over a Sky?
just wondering....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There just something Buck Rodgers cool about answering the phone via the steering wheel & stereo system.
Plus I have tinnitus (ringing in the ear) so I try to avoid any direct in the ear plugs. :nopity:
Anyways, it was just a question.
Now I have my answer. Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
They make aftermarket devices that operate via FM modulation and aftermarket Car Stereo headunits are coming out that can accomplish this as well.

Jensen has a single din model out for around 200 dollars Click Here

Overall though, If you final call (sorry for the pun) lies in whether or not you can answer your cell phone through the stereo do you really even want either car that badly? Perhaps consider a tech'ed out Acura if thats what your after.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don"t think so howver ON-STAR hass a built in phone. My son bought an 06 RELAY and the on-star system has a phone with so many free minutes, after that you pay,..it even has it's own phone number assinged to that vehicle. "What will they think of next?"

ERNEST

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
I don"t think so howver ON-STAR hass a built in phone. My son bought an 06 RELAY and the on-star system has a phone with so many free minutes, after that you pay,..it even has it's own phone number assinged to that vehicle. "What will they think of next?"

ERNEST

With my husbands new Vue.... we got 30 minutes free with the on-star... and then they offered an additional 100 minutes for 15$ when we called to chat with the on-star person via the car..... so.. we got it.. and the 130 minutes, yes, this included the 30 free......, are good for a full year.. otherwise the 30 minutes expire in 30 days after your first call.... totally awesome.. we could have gotten another 100 mins for the same price.. but, with EVERYONE and their brother having cell phones now a days..... that wasnt necessary.. and we will keep the minutes for when we go up to our cabin where the reception on the cells are crappy........ the receiver for signals with the on-star phone is up to 6 times greater..... just thought i would say that... SkyBaby-07

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
With the cost difference between the two cars I'd say you could add lots of aftermarket toys to the Sky and still save money. And as mentioned above you have phone service with OnStar. Hmm... Maybe the question should be they both offer some kinda phone service but does the BMW offer OnStar?:D

·
Registered
802 Posts
1994SC2 said:
..............................................................................Perhaps consider a tech'ed out Acura if thats what your after.
Yep! I agree totally. And by the way bluetooth will have an fm receiver built-in late this year or early next year (from a reliable source - who makes the chips)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Good question, I'd reckon they do, but I bet you will pay dearly for it!:lol: :lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:
Right! Hard to believe the chips that do all of this are less than $1.00 but with packaging, profit, markup etc....Mucho Dinero!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:
With the cost difference between the two cars I'd say you could add lots of aftermarket toys to the Sky and still save money. And as mentioned above you have phone service with OnStar. Hmm... Maybe the question should be they both offer some kinda phone service but does the BMW offer OnStar?:D

Way too funny... with mine... BMW.M3.... wasnt an option.. but... it is a few yrs old now.... maybe they do... i was also looking at the z4.... but, like the Sky better..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think I must be way too old fashion. I drive my car to get away from the phone.:lol: :lol: Mostly telemarketers anyway:brentil:

·
Registered
38 Posts
gtcable said:

Okay, you've talked about the inside. But have you looked at the exterior much? No comparison, the Sky wins hands down....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
silver pearl girl said:
I read that if you have a verizon phone you can have it set up to share minutes with the On-Star system:thumbs:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.... I AM "IN" already..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
128 Posts
Starting with the 04 model, not only can you make and receive
calls it will check your car or trucks systems each month free.
jacwag

1 - 19 of 19 Posts