Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On wednesday my salesman called me and said he had a guy come in and said he was interested in buying a Sky but he has never got to see one or drive one and he will not put his money down without doing that, Bob (my salesman) told him he knew of someone that might let him do that.
So Bob gave me the guys's phone number and I Called him and we set up a time and place to meet... Today we got together, had lunch and talked about cars, He has test drove a S2000, a 350Z and A Miata... He said The S2000 and Miata were uncomfortable and twitchy, the 350Z was just to expensive at 40,000 dollars... he said the S2000 was also pricey at 32,000 dollars..
After we ate we went out and got in the car, i was driving first and took him out to some curvy roads. he was very imoressed with the ride, handleing and how quiet it was... The I pulled over and let him drive... Now I thought I took the curves fairly fast, I was nothing compared to him... He flew through curves that I thought I was going fast on.... he said it was very well balanced, and he could go faster but he didn't know how I would feel about that... then I find out he has has several sportscars in the past, including a 427 Corvette... He vas very impressed with the car and said he would probably be buying the Sky because... "IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHERS" He said he looked at the Solstice first, but the Sky is more to his preference in looks...
I called my salesman later and told him he was probably going to be by to put down his deposit... my salesman told me then if he does he owes me a commission....
PS he took about a dozen pictures of the car, and I took some of him in the car with the top down... also he is retired and 65 years old..an ex truck driver

·
Registered
517 Posts
Skyman, I am going on vacation in a couple weeks. I would like to borrow your sky to try it out on the winding roads on the way to my vacation destination. I will bring it back with a full tank. Thanks in advance. HotSky.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
New business venture?

Okay so if you buy a second Sky and rent it out you could pay for both with the profits.......

·
Registered
185 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
So Bob gave me the guys's phone number and I Called him and we set up a time and place to meet... Today we got together, had lunch and talked about cars

After we ate we went out and got in the car, i was driving first and took him out to some curvy roads. he was very imoressed with the ride, handleing and how quiet it was... The I pulled over and let him drive...
You are the MAN, SkyMAN! A man of true class and generosity. I'm proud of you. Dang proud of you. Nice job and a nice thing to do to help a new potential owner. The funny thing is that it sounds that it ended up just as much fun for you as it was for him.

Also, I'm no driver. I won't pretend to know how the Sky handles compared to the S2000 and MX5. But I am given to wonder that a lot of reviewers confuse what I would call the "nervousnes" of cars like the MX5 with "good handling". They say the MX5 is so much more responsive than the Solstice or Sky, but it certainly doesn't seem to get around a track any faster, so what does that really say about the cars "handling"?

Anyway, way to go at helping another car nut. I think that was a very nice thing to do.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jimbo said:
You are the MAN, SkyMAN! A man of true class and generosity. I'm proud of you. Dang proud of you. Nice job and a nice thing to do to help a new potential owner. The funny thing is that it sounds that it ended up just as much fun for you as it was for him.

Also, I'm no driver. I won't pretend to know how the Sky handles compared to the S2000 and MX5. But I am given to wonder that a lot of reviewers confuse what I would call the "nervousnes" of cars like the MX5 with "good handling". They say the MX5 is so much more responsive than the Solstice or Sky, but it certainly doesn't seem to get around a track any faster, so what does that really say about the cars "handling"?

Anyway, way to go at helping another car nut. I think that was a very nice thing to do.
I think for how the Sky and Solstice handle is far above what the average driver's capability is. now for someone in the professional ranks they may prefer the "Feel" of the MX-5 but the actual numbers they seem to get out of either car is about the same... There may be some instances where the MX-5 will be better for the performance enthusiast. but for 98% of the buyers I think we will be just fine and happy with what we have...
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Gotta say you had guts letting someone else drive your SKY. But it sounds like you had fun riding, watching him put it through its paces. :thumbs:
Not having TOUCHED my SKY yet -- I'd be willing to take someone for a ride -- but drive.... :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick Tinley Park said:
Gotta say you had guts letting someone else drive your SKY. But it sounds like you had fun riding, watching him put it through its paces. :thumbs:
Not having TOUCHED my SKY yet -- I'd be willing to take someone for a ride -- but drive.... :willy:
Well i trusted him from what my Salesman said he had bought several cars from him in the last 9 years... so I knew he was someone that was not a here today gone tomorrow guy...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have done the same thing, but mostly letting my Salesman taske potential customers for a test ride, which has been the cause for several orders upon their return. I have a saying that the SKY belongs to me and my salesman, as he was instrumental in getting me the first at this dealer. One hand washes the other you know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
there's an executive office somewhere at Saturn with your name on it...or there should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts