Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year of waiting, wanting and more, I'm giving up the dream. My wife and I are going to concentrate on other things - perhaps more kids - which makes the sky that much more of an improbability.

It has been great talking to you guys, exchanging ideas, but Im going to bow out gracefully. Perhaps in several years I may purchase a used one from someone in here.

Untill then, take care, the lot of you, and if you see a strange man in Orlando driving a black vue and he smiles and waves at you in your sky know that it's me. I'm just happy to see that a concept can become reality quickly, beautifully, and skillfully. Enjoy the car, I will enjoy seeing it on the road.

Sky_vue
:leaving:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_vue said:
Well after a year of waiting, wanting and more, I'm giving up the dream. My wife and I are going to concentrate on other things - perhaps more kids - which makes the sky that much more of an improbability.

It has been great talking to you guys, exchanging ideas, but Im going to bow out gracefully. Perhaps in several years I may purchase a used one from someone in here.

Untill then, take care, the lot of you, and if you see a strange man in Orlando driving a black vue and he smiles and waves at you in your sky know that it's me. I'm just happy to see that a concept can become reality quickly, beautifully, and skillfully. Enjoy the car, I will enjoy seeing it on the road.

Sky_vue
I hate to see anyone give up their dream car, I went through that and I have regretted it ever since, see I had a 1965 corvette roadster, and ever since I sold it because how impractical it was I have regretted it.. think it over carefully before you totally give up... remember you have waited a year, whats a month or two more? Good luck to you either way , enjoy your life, it is short and goes by quickly....

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I hate to se you leave us, man you will be missed. You got what you got to do, but be sure to make the decision carefully. Wish you all the luck and God bless you and yours.:D Stay in touch with us when you can. You are family, remember!:thumbs:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It's just that we've seen too many of these threads in the last couple of weeks. The people dropping out are making me a little nervous.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I know, but it is really just around the corner, I just know it, the planets are lining up just right, you follow me? Hey I spent 13 months in Viet Nam, and this is easy compared to that wait, besides, it will be damn well worth it if everyone will just hold on a little longer. Time only passes forward, never backward. I kinda look at it like this: Do I want a car that will be a head turner for a while, because the number of SKYs spread across the US & Canada, is minmal compared to other similiar vehicles. Or do I want instant gratification with a vehicle everyone recognizes as just one more of the same. The choice is a no brainer in my book. Hey, I can walk out of my home tomorrow go to the Chevy dealer, get a Z06 "Vette, pay cash and walk out, but why? they are already a bunch of Z06's out there already, it would be a great car, no arguement, but not a 1st run, 1st year vehicle. And at the price it sells for, the money I save can be making money for me, and I will still be smiling like an egg sucking dog!!:lol: :D Food for Thought

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
I know........smiling like an egg sucking dog!!:lol: :D Food for Thought ERNEST:thumbs:
Still trying to visualize an "egg sucking dog"...I can't get my dogs to whistle, let alone suck and egg. All they can do is sniff and lick.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
reedred said:
It's just that we've seen too many of these threads in the last couple of weeks. The people dropping out are making me a little nervous.
Apparently you don't read the solsticeforum. We get threads like thsi all the time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
sky_vue said:

Sky_vue
Hey buddy,... what's up?? I was really surprised to find your "bowing out"

I personally don't mind the wait,... once I set my heart for something,... I see to it that I get it, even if I have to wait a long time.

Of course it's way different when you have a family and your no longer just making decisions for just yourself, otherwise, I know you'd wait a little longer for this car.
Also, with a family comes financial strain sometimes.

It was kool meeting you at the Sky Viewing. I hope everything works out for you.

I was trying to get some of that video of the sky driving, backing up, etc. Is there a way, you can upload or send some of them before you leave?

Thanks buddy,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another one...

Yup, I was one of them too.... Not only was my old warranty on my 2003 Saturn up, but the Sky would've been my only car... I live in a winter state, and I had more people telling me how bad it would be to own such a nice car like that in a state like MN. So, after much thought and many tears, I had to "give up the dream" too. It just wasn't a smart idea while I'm still living here (if it's my only car and all). So I just traded my old 2003 Saturn in for a 2006 model with the leather package and the whole 9 yards...

As much as I wish I could have the Sky, even with my trade-in value, the monthly payment would've been well over $400-$500 a month -- and that's not counting the hefty insurance. I know for some, a $500 a month car payment is nothing, but to me, looking cool in a car for only a couple months out of the year for that price is just not worth it. I wish it was, and I can't say I'm not jealous of the rest of you!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
soulbluprint said:
Yup, I was one of them too.... Not only was my old warranty on my 2003 Saturn up, but the Sky would've been my only car... I live in a winter state, and I had more people telling me how bad it would be to own such a nice car like that in a state like MN. So, after much thought and many tears, I had to "give up the dream" too. It just wasn't a smart idea while I'm still living here (if it's my only car and all). So I just traded my old 2003 Saturn in for a 2006 model with the leather package and the whole 9 yards...

As much as I wish I could have the Sky, even with my trade-in value, the monthly payment would've been well over $400-$500 a month -- and that's not counting the hefty insurance. I know for some, a $500 a month car payment is nothing, but to me, looking cool in a car for only a couple months out of the year for that price is just not worth it. I wish it was, and I can't say I'm not jealous of the rest of you!
I'm sure the Sky will show up in the used car market down the road as some move up to the Redline or just get an updated model:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I feel for you, I'm wrestling with some of the same issues. One girl in college, the other in 8th grade, my -ex in TX gets $550 a month from my military retirement, etc etc. I'm trying to balance stuff to come up with a manageable monthly payment, the 450 - 500 a month would be too much. but at 53 years old who says if I wait 10 or 15 years for a roadster what things will be like then, or even if I'll be physically comfortable in a roadster at that time. so this is the right time for me and i'm hoping to pull it off. I remember looking at the British Leyland green TR-6s when I was young, and the MGBs, and then all of a sudden they were gone.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bow Bow Bow,... Anotha One Bites Tha Dust-ah!!!!

That sucks though,... But I had to sing a little for yall'ns

·
Registered
750 Posts
I feel Ya I was in your shoes

I feel Ya I was in your shoes, a few months ago when my "friend" wrecked my car and I had to take my deposit back. I was #1 at my dealer, about 3000 dollars later I'm gonna put my deposit again and yea I'm #8 this sucks. oh well at least I'm back in getting my sky, I didn't want just the regular one anyway and I'm probably another year off of getting my redline.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good Luck to ya what ever you do. Hope to see ya still posting on here too.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What gets me is that they give up BEFORE the wait begins.
"introduced in the Spring of 2006"

It aint March 20th yet...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Vaya Con Dios, Amigo, blue skies and greenlights wherever you go!
Is that right? I kinda thought it was Via Pendejo, Mericon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts