Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the place to post accessories that you would want to have available from GM. Also, feel free to mention ones that you would never use or consider buying.

And if anyone from saturn reads through here, they would do well to listen carefully!

·
Registered
46 Posts
swatthefly said:
Here is the place to post accessories that you would want to have available from GM. Also, feel free to mention ones that you would never use or consider buying.

And if anyone from saturn reads through here, they would do well to listen carefully!
to be honest, the only thing i can think of, without knowing various technical specs on the supposed FI model, are molded luggage that fits INSIDE the trunk, not a stupid rack to sit ON the trunk.

that way if i'm going away, i know the fixed amount of space that i have to work with.

there are various things that i think I'd do to the car (HID kit for the projector headlights, exhaust?, various mods to the supercharger/turbo, suspension?). If there is a RL, and it is FI, mods for that (pulleys etc etc) that are backed by GM would be nice...

kris

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i didnt even think of luggage. thats a terrific idea! i know with some of the exotics, they give you the luggage set free if the trunk is kinda small... ex lamborghini i know saturn wouldnt give it free, but if we paid for it... not a bad idea!

a HID kit would be so nice, but i would rather that be an option for on the car itself, not an accessory. but either way, i would love HID.

similar to that i would love to have either clear (european, altazza, whatever) taillights, and also a seperate option for LED taillights.

I would want to have a spoiler be an option, because I would rather have GM back it. something along the lines of the following:
www.andysaustosport.com/images/cats/Exterior/Wings/Fiberglass/ed_sniperfiberglass.jpg
www.andysaustosport.com/images/cats/Exterior/Wings/Fiberglass/ed_bomberfiberglass.jpg
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/mazda/rx7_6.jpg
something like one of those. since the sky is RWD, i can justify having a wing, but i dont want a big obnoxious one for such a light car. a lower, wider fiberglass wing would be so great!

i have more, but ill save them for later! :cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have already responded on the Solstice forum, but I will say it again, I want dual exhausts like in the first picture.
Defenetely NO to the spoiler it ruins the lines of the car.
Yes to a Bradyb or similar Turbo producing 320 to 350HP.
A sports suspension option.
Make sure the front openings in the front fenders are real and not fake.
Take the middle stop light and resesed into the body like the Opel.
Better yet take the Opel rear facia and throw yours away.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
achieftain said:
Rondosa has already requested the duals over at the solstice forum but I've enclosed the quads, too.

blush!

hehe thanks - gotta love the duals :D

i definately won't add a spoiler - to me the back end is great without adding anything.

integrated luggage integrated luggage :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I have already responded on the Solstice forum, but I will say it again, I want dual exhausts like in the first picture.
Defenetely NO to the spoiler it ruins the lines of the car.
Yes to a Bradyb or similar Turbo producing 320 to 350HP.
A sports suspension option.
Make sure the front openings in the front fenders are real and not fake.
Take the middle stop light and resesed into the body like the Opel.
Better yet take the Opel rear facia and throw yours away.
I want those hot rims from the image you posted, and the rear decklid with that sweet 3rd brake light on it.

What I realistically expect from GM Accessories: Everythign they make for the Corvette in some form for the Solstice/Sky. So cladding items, seats, interior accesories, rear decklid spoiler kit, intake, exhaust, wheels.
What I realistically expect from GM Performance Parts: Any of the parts they develope for the ECOTEC will possibly have a version for the Solstice/Sky. Especially since the 2.4L VVT ECOTEC is becoming the performance NA engine for A LOT of platforms (Solstice, Sky, HHR, Cobalt, ION, Malibu).

What I WANT from GM Accessories: All the items I listed above, but with more wheel/tire options, a hard top, good selection of rear/front/side facia options, ram air hood, etc.
What I WANT from GM Performance Parts: The items I listed above plus a Supercharger kit. Preferably an intercooled option, but none of the other GM aftermarket Superchargers come with intercoolers it seems. An intake and exhaust manifold upgrade, bigger throttle body, etc.

·
Registered
727 Posts
brentil said:
What I realistically expect from GM Performance Parts: The items I listed above plus a Supercharger kit. .
Definately a supercharger kit! :cheers: Other things might be neat, like HID, lugagge, fluff items (trunk nets, different floor mats, shift knobs, etc).

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Definately a supercharger kit! :cheers: Other things might be neat, like HID, lugagge, fluff items (trunk nets, different floor mats, shift knobs, etc).
If I knew GM was going to make a Supercharger kit available for year one Kappas it would sway my fence position greatly back to getting a Solsti early. Maybe even pre-order. But we all know how GM works (or any reall big company for that matter), we wont know till someone stumbles across it on the GM Performance Parts some day.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andrewplanet said:
I would pay for HID's if it were an option. It would save me from having to hack up the headlights when the car is officially released.
ill second that. the HID option usually runs from $600-$800, and that would be one of my most certain purchases. even if the car didnt have it, i would still get an aftermarket kit, because HIDs are that important to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
w00! First post! :willy:

DEFINATELY getting HIDs on a car like this. I'm goin tonight to place my order. :D

On a more serious note, the Saturn dealership said I could put my name on the list and they'd contact me with any new info they get...then when they have the ability to design them, I'd be able to come in and design mine. I'll be the first one on the list for Plano :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I nice little decklid spoiler might look nice on the car. Also a splitter for the front. Nothing too extreme though. I would also like to see an upgraded brake kit. A nice 4 piston brembo set-up maybe. You think they could put in a heads-up-display like in the vette?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gostraighter said:
A nice 4 piston brembo set-up maybe. You think they could put in a heads-up-display like in the vette?
I'd pay for both of these! actually, brakes, i wouldnt mind going aftermarket for, but i would so pay for a HUD!

heck, since GM is already using them in the vette, the grand prix, and who knows where else, why not make it available as an option?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
I'd pay for both of these! actually, brakes, i wouldnt mind going aftermarket for, but i would so pay for a HUD!

heck, since GM is already using them in the vette, the grand prix, and who knows where else, why not make it available as an option?
Don't get me started on the HUD discussion, we had many a debate over at the SOlstice forum about how we want them, but we don't expect to see them in the Solstice for a very long time. Sky on the otherhand could possibly end up with one since it's more upscale.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay GM people I need solid all one color (black) interior. I also need the top to be a power top. I also need heated leather seats, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and onstar. Those are the things I promised myself my new car would have. If I can't get those options I most likely won't be getting the sky. I know I can get all those options minus the onstar with the Audi TT. I WON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I told myself I wouldn't buy another car without HID's. I'm so sick of driving outside the city and not being able to see in front of my car (okay maybe I could slow down but who wants to do that?)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you know, i was looking at some pictures... the projection headlights are perfect for HID upgrades. the only thing really that it needs is the bulb itself. that would make it much cheaper than usual to go over to HID. oh man, saturn, you guys HAVE to let us have HID!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
you know, i was looking at some pictures... the projection headlights are perfect for HID upgrades. the only thing really that it needs is the bulb itself. that would make it much cheaper than usual to go over to HID. oh man, saturn, you guys HAVE to let us have HID!
You also have to get the entire power system replced too for the lights. HIDs havean entirely different power system then normal bulbs or halogen.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts