Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General Motors Awards Saturn Sky Project to Gravana – Saturn Sky Enthusiasts Will Have Wider Selection of Aftermarket Accessories

Gravana To Build Up To 15 New Restyling and Performance Products For Saturn’s Hot New Upscale Sky Roadster

Valencia, CA: June 1, 2006 – Earlier this year, General Motors awarded Gravana a Saturn Sky roadster to increase enthusiasm for the Saturn in the aftermarket community. Gravana has quickly become a leader in the industry in New Aftermarket Product Development and product selection for several new GM brands. In particular, Gravana’s recent success with a new line of products for the Ion and Ion Red Line has generated a solid following for the company among Saturn fans. Gravana already has experience with GM’s new rear wheel drive compact performance architecture, building a highly visible Pontiac Solstice project car last year. Gravana and Saturn will debut the 2007 Saturn Sky project car later this year at the 2006 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

“The ultimate goal for Gravana is to build exciting new products that will give Saturn Sky owners an option to personalize their hot new roadster, as well as helping to drive the ‘on-the-fence’ traffic to Saturn retailers and drive off with a new Sky. We are very fortunate to be awarded a Sky this year, and we are equally fortunate to be involved with such a great organization,” said Jim Lupold, President of Gravana. “Last year, we built several new products for the Kappa platform, and we believe GM has a winner with this formula. We look forward to unveiling the Gravana Sky at SEMA, as well as offering a wide selection of performance and accessory products”

Gravana’s product line-up for the refined Saturn Sky includes, but is not limited to, Aerodynamic Lower Ground Effects Kit, Full Bumper Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Stainless Air Intake System, Header & Exhaust, Coil-Over Suspension, Sway Bars, Heat Extractor Hood, and a variety of additional upgrades that compliment the car. Gravana has forged marketing partnerships with companies such as Borla, Boston Acoustics, Dunlop and Hahn on past projects, and will most-likely continue with this successful formula on the Sky project

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Those pictures make me really glad I got the Chili Pepper Red Sky now! :drool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmm I dont know....I expected a better looking body kit design for the sky. Hopefully RK sport will make a better one, I really like the RK sport kit for the solstice.

I do like the carbon fiber pieces :thumbs:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Did somebody say SEMA?

Just received confirmation of my SEMA passes for this year's show in Las Vegas. I know I'm in Japan right now, but if this year's show is as good as it was last year, I just have to go. Hotel booked and best friend flying out to meet me for the show. After the show, the wife will fly out and we will spend a nice reunion together in Sin City. Kinda like the honeymoon we never had.

SEMA, SEMA, SEMA...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Chili Pepper Red

rick112 said:
Those pictures make me really glad I got the Chili Pepper Red Sky now! :drool:

Me too!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
When???

When do you think some of this will be out on the Market?
I would also like the option of it being prepainted and guarenteed from fading and peeling.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Gravana are nice folks and talk a good game but I have found their service and inventory to be spotty, as in sometimes great, sometimes good, sometimes the ball gets dropped. YMMV!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
When do you think some of this will be out on the Market?
I would also like the option of it being prepainted and guarenteed from fading and peeling.
I'm wondering when some of this stuff will be avialable too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can't wait to get some carbon fiber accents on my graphite redline...it's gonna look wicked!:cool:

I was just pokin' around on Gravana's website...oooohhhh man, it's gonna be fun to mod this car...of course, my redline won't need any performance enhancement.

I'm really hoping for some sort of aftermarked instrument cluster...GM really screwed up on that one. I'm wondering if I should change my order on the leather/red interior and just go with some recarro seats...I guess I could just sell the ones that come with the car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Needs the grills from the original concept, at least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gravana Sky

Here are the pics of the Sky we built for Saturn for the GM SEMA Booth. Per GM's request, we kept the OEM front bar chrome, we upgraded to the Redline headlights, and we omitted the driving lamps.

These are the same pics shown by GMPR, USA Today, Leftlane News, Edmunds, Etc.:

Most of the parts will take @ 6-12 months to come to market, depending on Saturn.

The following parts from the show car are available now:
Hahn Turbo System
Gravana Carbon Fiber Functional Hood Vents
OZ Racing Wheels
Katzkin Suede Center Seat Covers
Spec Clutch & Flywheel
Boston Acoustics OE Upgrade Speakers

The following parts from the show car are in production with ETAs:
Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension - 6 weeks
Wilwood Big Brake Kit - 8-10 weeks
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - 12 weeks+

·
Registered
452 Posts
huh?

What model Sky did you mode? I noted a single center mounted exhaust set, is that your mode too?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts