1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah but then they will just throw on a $3000 paint protection package or a special $2500 Sky Hat ..... i don't think GM can stop them from adding dealer options

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I believe you will see many dealers marking up the Red Line for 5/8 grand more. Saturn can strongly suggest but they can't make them sell for MSRP.

And I believe they can't not ship these dealers any sky's because I believe they will find themself in a big lawsuitif they tried. But I'm not a lawyer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I believe you will see many dealers marking up the Red Line for 5/8 grand more. Saturn can strongly suggest but they can't make them sell for MSRP.

And I believe they can't not ship these dealers any sky's because I believe they will find themself in a big lawsuitif they tried. But I'm not a lawyer.
They could change allocations -- base it on Volume of sales multiplied by area convertible sales (like they do now) and factor in customer price complaints....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
They could change allocations -- base it on Volume of sales multiplied by area convertible sales (like they do now) and factor in customer price complaints....
I guess they will try to figure out some way maybe like you said. But the problem with that is with the contracts they have with the Dealerships will they be able to get away with it. But I find most Saturn dealerships are just adding on options people don't want and charge triple the going pricefor that option. Like an alarm system for 3000.00 to 3500.00 dollars that would normally cost 1,000.00 or 2,000.00 for paint protection that would normally cost 400.00.

It's really a shame.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Yes I believe the addons is where the dealers will be looking to make their killing, hopefully the buyers will be looking around and trying to avoid the dealers that do this. Maybe by shifting the purchasing to those dealers that treat their customers fairly, the others will go that route also, I'm not actually sure that will happen but I can hope. :)

I am lucky in that my dealer is charging msrp with no un-wanted addons :thumbs: , and I know there are others out there doing the same if you actually look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is what you really need to look out for, there is a charge usually on the sky thats $1400 thats blank... it covers Tint, road hazard etc.. while in finacing get a break down of it and decied what you really need.

·
Registered
684 Posts
yeah but then they will just throw on a $3000 paint protection package or a special $2500 Sky Hat ..... i don't think GM can stop them from adding dealer options
I actually like the Sky Hat.:D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well its easy enough to avoid the dealers that are slapping ridiculous add-ons to the car, check the map in my sig before buying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts