Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Is there a difference between the GM CAI and the Saturn Motorsports dual filter CAI.
The GM unit has 1 air intake and 1 filter.
The SaturnMotorSports dual has two.
SaturnMotorSports claims 11 wheel HP increase with theirs.
Reports on the GM unit come in somewhat less.
The SaturnMotorSports unit costs more.

I believe it is easier for the car to breathe through 2 intakes since it can suck in the air it needs through a larger filtration area.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Though it's been subject to speculation since they both go into approx the same size tube. The filter is rarely the bottleneck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Though it's been subject to speculation since they both go into approx the same size tube. The filter is rarely the bottleneck.
I agree...:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Ya think? Try this: press a finger againt one side of your nose to close off the nostril and take a deep breath. Remove finger and take another deep breath. Which was easier? The size of the pipe behind your nose didn't change... only the intake/filter.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Ya think? Try this: press a finger againt one side of your nose to close off the nostril and take a deep breath. Remove finger and take another deep breath. Which was easier? The size of the pipe behind your nose didn't change... only the intake/filter.
LOL, when I do that with the nose thingy, I get no air on the right and full air on the left--:lol: Interesting u would use the human body to compare to a car engine, altho I see your logic, it don't much fly. The hole into the engine is the same size, just as in the bod, only so much air can be stuffed into it, whether dual or single (IMHO)--If you think about it, I can always open my BIG mouth and suck in MORE air than any nose around LOL, dual or single..hahaha:cool:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
LOL, when I do that with the nose thingy, I get no air on the right and full air on the left--:lol: Interesting u would use the human body to compare to a car engine, altho I see your logic, it don't much fly. The hole into the engine is the same size, just as in the bod, only so much air can be stuffed into it, whether dual or single (IMHO)--If you think about it, I can always open my BIG mouth and suck in MORE air than any nose around LOL, dual or single..hahaha:cool:
There must be some other reason that the dual intake CAI develops more HP than the single intake model. I'm interested in hearing your theory on that.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
There must be some other reason that the dual intake CAI develops more HP than the single intake model. I'm interested in hearing your theory on that.
NP, we will have interesting conversations tommorrow, I'm sure--In fact I am looking forward to them--:cheers: Plus I wanna check out your under the hood toys--:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts