Saturn Sky Forum banner

GM CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  BlueRL 
#1 ·
Did anyone receive a post card about this topic?

#2 ·
Not yet... is it about the ignition?

#6 ·
This has been discussed on the Solstice forum.

If it is approved there will be $121M to be divided among the lawyers and the owners.

Plan to get about $21.

#14 ·
This from the Claims Center website:

IF YOU DO NOT EXCLUDE YOURSELF AND
THE SETTLEMENT IS APPROVED,
YOU WILL BE BOUND BY THE RELEASE,
WAIVER AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE.

If you stay in the class, you may object to the settlement – that is,

tell the District Court why you don’t like the settlement. Your Objection must be filed by

__,October 19, 2020. Information about how to exclude yourself or object to the settlement is

available on the website. The District Court will hold a hearing on ___ __,December 18, 2020 at

___9:30 a.m. eastern to consider whether to approve both the settlement and attorneys’ fees

and expenses (up to a maximum of $34.5 million).

=====>The attorneys' fees and expenses amount will not be deducted from the settlement fund.<=====

You may appear at the hearing, either yourself or through an attorney

hired by you, but you do not have to. For more information, call or visit the website below."

Obviously they have no way of really knowing the individual payout amount
because they don't know how many people will actually participate in the suit.

#17 · (Edited)
Unless I misread it. You had to be an owner BEFORE the ignition recall was announced. I didnt get mine till 4 years ago and believe that was AFTER the recall. So I am not eligible. I DID own it however when the repair was done. It had not been done when I got the car so I had it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.