1,394 Posts
says power seat is gonna be added after june 26

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driver seat

AF2 Seat adjuster, driver 2-way power height
1 - Starting with production beginning June 26, 2006.

This will be nice

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is great news! Thank you for the info.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It looks like it will be included in the price of the car too... you lucky guys get an added feature for free!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It does look like the adjustable seat height is standard after June 26th! Hot damn! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hate to break the bubble

if you recall after the first run of Solstices there was a bump in the base price , be prepared for a bump in the Sky's base price also to cover the cost of the added standard features and cost of production has increased.

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
Advertising

too many kids around....nothing is for free...even when the ads say buy one and get one free....it doesn't mean free, the second one is included...try getting the free one first...see if they want u to pay ....for free

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
marlboromike said:
too many kids around....nothing is for free...even when the ads say buy one and get one free....it doesn't mean free, the second one is included...try getting the free one first...see if they want u to pay ....for free
Buy a Sky and THEN get the seats for free? ... these GM corporate types are clever and twisted.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Tanstafl

In my line of work I am careful to say things like "no additional charge" or "no line item charge" since the actual cost of the item in question is generally accounted in the base price or in another line item. There are cases where you only qualify for those no charge line items if you also have certain other line items in the proper quantities. So if you compare a quote done correctly to qulaify fo rthe no charge line item to one that does not qualify you could easily say that the line item is Free or even Free of Charge or No Charge - but I still prefer to say at no additional cost.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Personally, I wish Saturn had added the "AF2" option a lot sooner...rather than wait until the 2nd run. I'd rather have the seat height adjuster anyday over having a more "collectable" car. My Sky will be my daily driver so the collectability factor of the car means nothing to me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
nscrbug said:
Personally, I wish Saturn had added the "AF2" option a lot sooner...rather than wait until the 2nd run. I'd rather have the seat height adjuster anyday over having a more "collectable" car. My Sky will be my daily driver so the collectability factor of the car means nothing to me.

I guess this car was made for me...I fit in it perfect...5' 10", 175lbs, no obstructions at all! I could see that the seat adjuster would be needed for some individuals...but I fit "like a glove"!

·
Registered
45 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
I guess this car was made for me...I fit in it perfect...5' 10", 175lbs, no obstructions at all! I could see that the seat adjuster would be needed for some individuals...but I fit "like a glove"!

Guess it was built for me too. I'm 5'2" but sit with the seat all the way back (I hate being too close to a wheel). (My sis says I drive like an 18 year old boy! Slightly slouched! She has to pull the seat up several notches on the rare occasions that I let her drive it!) The seat height is perfect for me. Have to be careful to look over the humps when changing lanes but love the way i sit in this car. :cool:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Agreed... about 6', 175lb here.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This could get interesting for me. Since I have a signed Buyer's Order for a vehicle (that I can cancel prior to the ordering of the car) and it has specific prices, etc. in it and the seat adjuster is going to be a standard equipment on the post 6/26 production cars, I wonder what my dealer is going to do if the base price is increased due to the seat adjuster being added to the standard equipment.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts