Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Silver Pearl regular Sky, but its interesting that Saturn is charging a $196 extra charge for all Red Lines ordered in Yellow only.

Anyone else find that interesting?

·
Registered
304 Posts
They charge extra for yellow on the regular Sky's as well. Probably just a more expensive paint.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
SkyBos said:
I ordered a Silver Pearl regular Sky, but its interesting that Saturn is charging a $196 extra charge for all Red Lines ordered in Yellow only.

Anyone else find that interesting?
It is the same for the base SKY - not unique to the RedLine.

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
I think it has to do with the paint process or something. Maybe with the color matching issue. I finally saw my first yellow Sky yesterday at my local dealer. I could have reserved this one but it was an automatic (I would have and would have waited otherwise) and I fear I like it as much as my blue. Looks hot as hell.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not know that about the base Sky.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I was told (RUMOR MILL) that one of the reasons Yellow is more expensive is that they paint the parts flat black over primer then Yellow - to make a more even - consistent color... Just rumor -- I'd love to know what ever the reason is -- Since I paid the $195... (Worth 2X that amount -- Yellow is AWESOME):cheers: :cool: :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts