Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently enlisted in the Air Force but i am also still an employee of GM. Part of my union contract gave me the rights to enlist for 6 years whilst keeping my job at the Hummer plant in Mishawaka, IN. Thank god for UAW!!!I live in the DC area now and I went to a couple saturn dealerships in Virginia and they wouldn't give me any kind of discount but the dealers in Maryland gave me a "half-as*ed" discount with a military discount on top of it. If you live anywhere close to maryland I recommend checking out the dealerships out there. I just can't get past the $500 payment i have to make just to put my name down on a piece of paper so I can order one in July. That's the only thing I don't understand is how from what I've read most of you already have one on the way and I can't even place an order yet. I told him what I wanted but he won't put the order in till late July. But this fee for putting my name on his little list is crazy! :mad: Anyway...hope this helped somebody close to Maryland...good luck and happy hunting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
AirForceGuy616 said:
I am currently enlisted in the Air Force but i am also still an employee of GM. Part of my union contract gave me the rights to enlist for 6 years whilst keeping my job at the Hummer plant in Mishawaka, IN. Thank god for UAW!!!I live in the DC area now and I went to a couple saturn dealerships in Virginia and they wouldn't give me any kind of discount but the dealers in Maryland gave me a "half-as*ed" discount with a military discount on top of it. If you live anywhere close to maryland I recommend checking out the dealerships out there. I just can't get past the $500 payment i have to make just to put my name down on a piece of paper so I can order one in July. That's the only thing I don't understand is how from what I've read most of you already have one on the way and I can't even place an order yet. I told him what I wanted but he won't put the order in till late July. But this fee for putting my name on his little list is crazy! :mad: Anyway...hope this helped somebody close to Maryland...good luck and happy hunting!
First of all, let me thank you so much for serving our country and you should get every discount possible. But there is no GMS or GMO General Motors discount on the SKY, it is eligible but is up to every Saturn retailer to whether they honor it and none of them are participating. I have been an employee of General Motors for over 28 years and this is the first car I have ever paid the sticker, but when you want something, you want it. Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
I put down $500 for to get on the list at my dealership. It is a deposit not a payment. If I decide not to buy the car I get the money back. Like that is going to happen...lol. MY deposit will be going towards the purchase of my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
GRinLR said:
I put down $500 for to get on the list at my dealership. It is a deposit not a payment. If I decide not to buy the car I get the money back. Like that is going to happen...lol. MY deposit will be going towards the purchase of my car.
Yeppers same here. Put $1,000. down, but was used as part of my down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
indysky said:
it is eligible but is up to every Saturn retailer to whether they honor it and none of them are participating. I have been an employee of General Motors for over 28 years and this is the first car I have ever paid the sticker, but when you want something, you want it. Good Luck!
not totally correct, I know of one that is allowing employee discount. 2200.00 smackers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
AirforceGuy,

I live in Maryland myself. I put down my deposit in November of last year just to order in March of this year. This is standard with the SKY. The chances of getting one this year become slimmer each day. I would highly recommend talking to Saturn of Waldorf and asking for Andy. He's my sales rep and a very good guy on top of that. If you have any questions, I may be able to help. My SKY should be in within a few weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
AirForceGuy616 said:
I just can't get past the $500 payment i have to make just to put my name down on a piece of paper so I can order one in July. That's the only thing I don't understand is how from what I've read most of you already have one on the way and I can't even place an order yet. I told him what I wanted but he won't put the order in till late July.
Let me thank you first for your service.
Now, looking at this section of your quote that I left, let me address your comments. Most of us have been on reserved lists since mid-2005. Deposits etc. I was on my dealer's list on August 13, 2005 and ended up 10th!. I was bumped up to #4 and if you look at my signature I ordered in late March. Still waiting. For someone coming in this late into the SKY ordering game -- July is not bad at all. Also - the deposit (get it in writing) is part of your down payment. Some dealers never cashed the check!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Some dealers never cashed the check!
Thats correct, mine did not untill the car actually came in....:thumbs:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top