Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes grandfather retired from GM after 25+ years... so hes part of the GM family program thing. I'm not sure of the exact name, My wifes sister has used his discount in the past on saturns.
I'm wondering if anyone has any concrete information on whether or not the sky will be allowed the discount that his program allows?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I really doubt it...other than the Grad program and GM Visa points I think everyone will be paying full pop.

I have to pay full pop for mine...I can use my wife's Grad Program and we have a few GM Vsa dollars, only 500 I think but it helps.

Because of the fact that it is a Saturn, I know when someone comes in and says they get the GM fleet price we look at them like they are on glue because no one gets a discounted price on a Saturn, usually. Who knows...after hanging out here for a little while I think every dealership is a little different.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally, i'd buy the sky if it was 40,000$ :) It's that good looking. I think it's better looking than many of the 30-40,000$ sports cars.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that they probably won't allow any of these programs for the sky but I do know that it can be used on saturns in general. My sister in law has used it twice over the years. both times on saturn SL's. It could be that particular dealer allowed it or it could be that she lives in detroit and many many people in that area work for gm so they figure that if they didn't, then there might be a riot :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
As of now the answer is no.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found on the GMfamily site that it is elegible for the GMS and PEP programs. would that be the same as the employee program??

I know you said no, but according to the site it is elegible for GMS and PEP

·
Registered
802 Posts
usmc said:
I found on the GMfamily site that it is elegible for the GMS and PEP programs. would that be the same as the employee program??
I know you said no, but according to the site it is elegible for GMS and PEP
It seems you can order the Solstice with the employee discount but not the Sky. The Sky would have to come out of dealer stock. At least that is how I read it.
"Saturn vehicles cannot be ordered at a discount under The Programs, although they may be taken out of dealer stock at the predetermined discount. Other vehicle restrictions may also apply; for full details,please check with your local dealer."

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
geez, and the difference in price is 1900.00 big ones!
hmmmm

·
Registered
256 Posts
Employee Plan

My company offers a GM discount plan that allows you to purchase a GM car at 1% over invoice. This isn't too much of a discount but it adds up. I was wondering if this would be allowed as well. I've been told that the actual dealership doesn't lose money on these deals because GM makes up the difference in price. I've been looking into the fine print and don't see any reason why this wouldn't be allowed. Because it is going to be a "hot" item, they may not allow it the first year.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got off the phone with my local dealer and she's going to check with the manager... I'll let you know if they are going to let me use it or not.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks.

I'm interested in knowing as well

Brandon

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
With the Solstice it was dealer dependent.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, thats what it says.
I read on the gm family site in the small print that even if GM says its ok that utlimately it is up to the dealer...

so, I will still post what my dealer says but you might want to have your dealer check into what they will do for you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just discovered that my program is the GM supplier program. I think I'm wrong on the 1% over invoice but it will still save something if they let me use it.

Brandon

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am part of the GM supplier Discount Program. It is "4% over the price paid by GM employees on vehicles purchased out of Dealer stock. In addition, you are eligible for any consumer promotions (e.g., cash allowance or special rate on financing) that exist in your area. " Also it is only at "Participating Dealers"

Lastly and most importantly the Sky is list as YES for the discount.

Here's the list

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/virtual/pages/html/sd_vehicle_eligibility_05.html

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so based on that link, I can tell my dealer that he is allowed to let me use my family discount?? and if he says no, then it is him saying no and not GM??

do I have it right?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sweet! Then hopefully the dealer won't give me a hard time.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The discount only applies to cars in stock.... No ordering

That is on my discount. Still I'm gonna bring it (ID #) since I work for a major supplier. I'll raise HUGE stink if there is any kind of price raising etc...
:brentil:
Oh I talked to my dealer - he says the sale manager called a meeting for Thursday -- the Poop is --------> :cheers: It will be order time!! :cheers:
Still nothing for sure, but my guy says 90% of what he hears is coming true -- BTW they have a HUGE allocation due to past sales. He says they should be able to order cars for everyone on the list and still have left over for the lot.

His info say they will get 3-6 cars (one must be available for test drive) pretty much loaded. Then -- they will order cars for the people waiting (who do not scoop up the fisrt allocation of 2-5 cars). After that -- you wait til its built.
I did not ask about a "mark-up" but in past conversations he said: "We don't do that."
He has not lied to me in the past.

·
Registered
67 Posts
usmc said:
so based on that link, I can tell my dealer that he is allowed to let me use my family discount?? and if he says no, then it is him saying no and not GM??

do I have it right?
I don't know if this applies to family discounts, But considering the Family discount is slightly higher on the totem pole I would assume so. you can always call GM to find out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts