Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
"GM will sell its Personal Audio Link iPod adapter for about $160, plus installation. It is the size of a deck of cards, uses existing radio software, and is integrated through the radio's digital XM Satellite Radio band."

Interesting, and how is this better than the aux input port the Sky currently features? I have an iPod kit in my SLK right now, and it forces me to use the stereo to control the iPod and I actually hate that. When you have tons of playlists or artists to scroll through, it takes FOREVER to use the turning knob as opposed to the quick ability to do so on the iPod itself with the clickwheel.

One of the things I am most looking forward to on the Sky is having an aux input so I can control the iPod through the device itself for quicker access to playlists. I already ordered my DLO Transpod Direct and can't wait to get it next week. The fact that the car it was bought for is months away doesn't deter me from my enthusiasm. Heck, I'm going to my alma mater (Fight on 'SC! :D ) tomorrow morning to buy a new alumni plate frame to set aside for the new baby to wear when I pick her up!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The DLO rocks! It looks nice and works great and the sound is very good. I think you made a good choice:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
We have it as well!!

ShowMeSky said:
The DLO rocks! It looks nice and works great and the sound is very good. I think you made a good choice:cheers:
And it rocks! Diana can control the ipod by barely reaching forward....its almost perfectly placed with the outlet where it is....:thumbs:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Boy I feel way stupid for asking DLO? Will someone please explain the IPod thingie to me? :banghead:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for the pics. 1 more question does it work with the radio you can scroll with the radio dials?

thanks again

·
Registered
669 Posts
SunburstSky said:
Thanks for the pics. 1 more question does it work with the radio you can scroll with the radio dials?

thanks again
Nope, the radio reads just aux input (or something like that).

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SunburstSky said:

thanks again
That is where the soon-to-be-released GM/Apple product will gain some fans...it allows you to control the iPod through the steering wheel audio controls (provided that you have the premium trim option on your Sky)...thus allowing you to keep your eyes on the road, where they should be. :D I also like the fact that the device hookup is in the glovebox, which puts the iPod out of sight and away from the eyes of potential thieves. I plan on getting one, if they can retro-fit it to the headunit in my Sky. :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts